Cap Est Panther Chameleon

So I managed to get him semi fired. Hes just not bothered in the slightest by other males!

DSCF0435.jpg

sh#t!!! i new this local was nice and the fact that there hard to come by sold it for me but i didnt relize how amazing they look fired up!

sh#t!!! i new this local was nice and the fact that there hard to come by sold it for me but i didnt relize how amazing they look fired up!

Haha, thats only semi fired! When totally fired they are pure white with blood red barring. Some vary slightly and have more red than others just like any other panther locale can vary. This one in particular is the 2nd best example of Masoala (Cap Est depending on your location) I have ever seen. Theres one on another website that blows my mind. Google image search "Masoala" and you will find him!

great looking animal! but he looks like a boraha to me not a masoala at all.

Really, well I guess you havnt seen many to compare. These have more red than Boraha which tend to be more grey with blue/grey barring.

Just to add, Theyre called Masoala here in Europe, you guys in the US know them as Cap Est. check out cleanline chamelons, they have a perfect description of Cap Est and Boraha. Also, heres a link to a thread on here, on the 1st page, claki shows her Nosy Boraha. Now do you still think hes Boraha? https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-methods-part-4-baby-cage-rack-72876/?highlight=boraha

Last edited:
Yep he still looks like a boraha to me.We know them as masoalas here in the states too not as Cap. East. No need to take as criticism it's just my observation. Masoalas do tend to have a green background at rest with red barring. This particular one does not seem to have that, at least not that much.
Meanwhile Borahas tend to have a strong grey background as yours shows.

The one in the link does seem like a masoala since it has more pronounced green.
This link shows a perfect example of the differences between them with actual pictures. http://kamaeleoner.dk/galleri/category/47-masoala.html

im not trying to discredit you or your animal. like i said it's great looking nonetheless, it just looks like a boraha to me thats all.

Well im sorry but your observation is completely wrong and thousands of people would agree. When at rest Cap Est show blue background, not green like Tamatave, Maro or Boraha. The one in the link you gave is not Masoala, looks more like a very pale Tamatave, so is not the perfect example of the difference between them at all. In fact, that website is a load of crap if your trying to compare locales. What is turkis_blaa? Looks more like Cap Est to me pal. Mine is Cap Est, Masoala if you live in UK or Europe and dont try to use that website to compare locales. Boraha is grey with grey/blue bars, not red. Masoala is white, with a subtle blue background and red barring. The link I gave you shows the perfect example of the differences between them as Renates is a Boraha. Ive been working with these long enough to know what to look for, in fact, Im the only person in the UK currently working with them as they are expensive and extremely rare.

You say it a Boraha, everyone else will say Cap Est or if you live in Europe they are known as East Masoala/Ost Masoala but they actually come from Cape East, Cap Est.

And I do take it as criticism seeing as I am succesfully breeding these. The last thing I need right now is people with little knowledge of this locale putting doubts into peoples minds as to their true origin. Only a month ago you were asking what Maroantsetra looked like, so I dont think your in a position to judge on or make observations as to what locale people have. And the fact your scouring the internet for websites to try to prove Im wrong only proves your trying to make a point here that is incorrect so back off and bother someone else please.

Last edited:
Well im sorry but your observation is completely wrong and thousands of people would agree. When at rest Cap Est show blue background, not green like Tamatave, Maro or Boraha. The one in the link you gave is not Masoala, looks more like a very pale Tamatave, so is not the perfect example of the difference between them at all. Mine is Cap Est, Masoala if you live in UK or Europe. Boraha is grey with grey/blue bars, not red. Masoala is white, with a subtle blue background and red barring. The link I gave you shows the perfect example of the differences between them as Renates is a Boraha. Ive been working with these long enough to know what to look for, in fact, Im the only person in the UK currently working with them as they are expensive and extremely rare.

You say it a Boraha, everyone else will say Cap Est or if you live in Europe they are known as East Masoala/Ost Masoala but they actually come from Cape East, Cap Est.

And I do take it as criticism seeing as I am succesfully breeding these. The last thing I need right now is people with little knowledge of this locale putting doubts into peoples minds as to their true origin. Only a month ago you were asking what Maroantsetra looked like, so I dont think your in a position to judge on or make observations as to what locale people have.
Getting personal now all that's missing is you mama is.... Lol to be fair tho from the research I've been doing as I am having offspring of this beautiful guy mark is right, I also have tamatave and the resting colours along with the boraha do have a distinct green in there where as these are known for there subtle shades of grey, I'm no expert but am very fussy when it comes to buying 100% clean line chameleons and I wouldnt buy them if I wernt confident in there lines and infant I'm that confident I'm having two of this line!! Lucky me

if its a masoala great for you. no need to get your pants all wet over a personal observation. good luck with your breeding project.

if its a masoala great for you. no need to get your pants all wet over a personal observation. good luck with your breeding project.

Lol, it wasnt just a personal observation though was it. You went out of your way in search for them on the internet to try discredit what I say they are so thats not just a personal observation.

Lucky you indeed mate, you get to cross your Masoala with my new line of Nosy Boraha! lol :p

Hows Hector coming along, has he finished his shedding yet?

Getting personal now all that's missing is you mama is.... Lol to be fair tho from the research I've been doing as I am having offspring of this beautiful guy mark is right, I also have tamatave and the resting colours along with the boraha do have a distinct green in there where as these are known for there subtle shades of grey, I'm no expert but am very fussy when it comes to buying 100% clean line chameleons and I wouldnt buy them if I wernt confident in there lines and infant I'm that confident I'm having two of this line!! Lucky me

He's half way threw il check on him in the morning, lights are of now. Bit annoyed as I've ran out of crickets an carnt get any that small of a size untill Tuesday, I have plenty of fruit flies tho problem is I carnt dust them tho and vivs are coming along they will be done tomorrow just waiting on doors, il send you a pic when there all in

Awesome, be sure to keep me updated with pics of the little guy. Its not everyday you get a Faly sired by Storm! lol. Fruit flies should be ok for a couple of days, he loves them and they can be lightly dusted if you put a few into another tub and dust them in there. Looking forward to seeing your vivs, did you use the design I gave you?

Pretty much yea, I'm just looking at some kind of drainage system at the moment as I'm looking to invest in a misting system at the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom