Cages

Is it cheaper to buy a cage or build one.

It is cheaper to buy... I see you are in LA... If you order from LLL Reptile (a site sponsor), it'll come the next day since they are based in Ocean Side, CA. The big cages run about $80 plus shipping.

You should check out our local chameleon keeper group; SBCK.

There was a talk about the Zoo Med cages in another thread....

https://www.chameleonforums.com/zoo-med-47275/#post442900

DIY cages are imported from China, as are the Zoo Med cages. Both have been reported to rust apart.

LLL Reptile's cages are made here in southern California. The screen is made of aluminum, which won't rust and fall apart. People on these forums have had these cages for years with zero issue. The only part that will rust on a LLL cage is the hinge, but I think they updated them from a steel hinge to a stainless steel hinge, not sure on this though :eek:.

There was a talk about the Zoo Med cages in another thread....

https://www.chameleonforums.com/zoo-med-47275/#post442900

DIY cages are imported from China, as are the Zoo Med cages. Both have been reported to rust apart.

LLL Reptile's cages are made here in southern California. The screen is made of aluminum, which won't rust and fall apart. People on these forums have had these cages for years with zero issue. The only part that will rust on a LLL cage is the hinge, but I think they updated them from a steel hinge to a stainless steel hinge, not sure on this though :eek:.

So LLL cages are better

I have 2 of the ReptiBreeze by Zoo Med and both have rusted after a short period of time, heard DIY cages have problems with the latch breaking off.

So LLL cages are better

IMHO, by a long shot... plus, why buy an imported product when you can get something local that is proven by many keepers to be a very good product :D

Every cage I have is from LLL Reptile..... let me count how many I have.... hmmm I think it's about 14 cages (not all of them are in use at the moment)

Back
Top Bottom