Brand of heating pad for roaches?

Aquaseafoam

Hey all-
I am moving my roaches indoors now that its finally cooled off and need some suggestions for heat.
I think a heating pad would be best as they are going to be kept in my closet now- and I don't want a bulb in that might get covered with all my clothes.
I've read that heating pads need airflow on one side or they get too hot. Those who use them successfully- how do you do it? Which brand did you get? Do you have them set on timers- I noticed most of them have automatic shut offs.
Thanks a bunch!

I'm not sure the brand matters (you obviously want a trusted one) I got mine from the drugstore.
Lowest setting...never goes off...about a third of it sticks out from the bottom of the tub, so it's not completely covered.
I do worry about electrical appliances that are left on constantly, but had no trouble last winter.
I think I paid about $12 apiece for my pads (may have gotten them on sale...I don't remember).
Just be sure you exercise all the fire safety precautions you can.

-Brad

I set up "Roach Freezer" in my garage. I went to an appliance shop and collected up an old, broken chest freezer (for free), that would fit my roach bins. I put a ceramic heater on a thermostat in it (set to whatever temp you want), and left a piece of wood in between the lid seal to keep some airflow. Even cracked open in an unheated, uninsulated, and unattached garage, keeping the freezer at 85F in -20F temps only cost me about $12 a month in electricity. If you kept it in a basement or attached garage, and lived someplace warmer, it would probably cost a lot less.

Back
Top Bottom