Boarding vs traveling

Andreab102

Hi everyone! I recently got a 6 month old female veiled chameleon. I am a student in college and my hometown is around 2 hours from where I go to school. I'd like to go home this weekend for father's day, but my MistKing won't be in till next week. I spoke with a vet student here who can watch her but I would have to bring her there plus she doesn't have much experience with chameleons. Would it be better to bring her to her house or take her on the two hour journey with me? Or just not leave at all? I don't want to stress her out too much, but I would like to see my dad if possible.

Thanks for the help!
Andrea

You don't have an automatic mister yet? If you don't you could ask someone to come and mist her and feed her while you are gone and just have a timer for the lights. If you do have an automatic mister that could also be on the timer. I was gone last weekend and I put everything on a timer and mine was all good for the time I was gone.

You don't have an automatic mister yet? If you don't you could ask someone to come and mist her and feed her while you are gone and just have a timer for the lights. If you do have an automatic mister that could also be on the timer. I was gone last weekend and I put everything on a timer and mine was all good for the time I was gone.

Not yet, it is on the way. I am not sure if I will be able to find someone this last minute since it the break week in between summer sessions.

I would take her to the vet student because that would probably be less stressful then two hours in a car. It is up to you. No matter whether you choose to take her with you are take her to the vet student you would still have to move her stuff. Choosing to take her with you would not cause her any damage.

It depends if u got a enclosure at home or not,since U are the one caring ur cham,no one will know ur cham better than u do,2hours ain't that bad as long u have proper container to carry her ,this way u will know when to feed her n mist her,no one will do a better job than urself,have a safe trip.

It depends if u got a enclosure at home or not,since U are the one caring ur cham,no one will know ur cham better than u do,2hours ain't that bad as long u have proper container to carry her ,this way u will know when to feed her n mist her,no one will do a better job than urself,have a safe trip.

I would just bring my enclosure with me. I just wasn't sure if moving her to another place again will be too stressful. Thanks!

Either way,u will have to move her,but the difference rely on u the experience keeper vs non experience friend,if that was me I take her myself since I already know what my baby needs

Back
Top Bottom