Best Way to Ship a Cham

madchameleon

This is not a question of what carrier to use. This is a question about packaging a panther.. I have received panthers in deli cups, shoe boxes and cloth bags!!! The bagged chameleon kinda freaked me out.

I was thinking a deli cup insulated by newspaper in a box?? This is how screameleons does it, if I remember correctly, plus they add a styrofoam insulation.

Please respond with any helpful info, tips or suggestions.

Thanks

Well packing the chameleon itself depends of size. Deli cups are usually used when the are still relatively young... They do need space, but not so much space that if the box is being moved a lot they don't bump all over the place... And insulation is a MUST.... But it all depends where you are shipping to... Check out one the the sponsors, they are capable of offering more info!

http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/

I guess its your choice. I would prefer larger chams be shipped in the bags and smaller chams be shipped in delis since they are so fragile. Also you want to look at temps to determine if you need a cold pack or if it will be to hot to ship at all. And yes you need insulation and crumpled up newspaper.

I got my baby from Tiki Tiki Reptiles and he had no signs of stress what so ever. So I can tell you the shipping process was a piece of cake for my guy.

Here's a link of how they ship their reptiles, hopefully Chad won't mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dlq6JwjZs&feature=player_embedded

What are you shipping? Of course you can't pack an adult cham in a deli cup. I had my adult shipped to me in one of those hardy tubes, coolest package ever!

ive shipped tegus in the cloth bags before, i dont really like it, i say go with the deli cup with a wet paper towel in the cup, styrofoam insulation and news paper around the cup as to prevent sliding around the box from all the shaking around and such. where are you sending the panther to?

I had my adult shipped to me in one of those hardy tubes, coolest package ever![/QUOTE]

SEECO??!!!

my baby was shipped to me in a deli cup. wet paper towel on bottom some fake leaves. the deli cup was on top of an ice pack and surrounded by newspaper inside a stryofoam lined box. he was sleeping when he got here.

I had my adult shipped to me in one of those hardy tubes, coolest package ever!

SEECO??!!![/QUOTE]

YUP!! It was so cool, I was wondering how to get my guy out. When I finally opened him up, he jumped into his cage :eek::D Thank god I was prepared lol.

Thanks for the responses. I was just asking being two of my females are about to lay. Just wanted to start getting prepared. It will be a long time from now but with chams its never to early to learn.

Just to get my two cents worth..I've shipped and received animals from UPS,FedEx, and usps..and I have had the best luck with FedEx...shipments that have come in on ups have looked like the workers played football with it on the dock!!!!...and as far as usps...they call it "snail mail" for a reason!!!

I've got some 3/4" insulated boxes if you need...local pick-up only!!! I get my cups from"smart and final"..the cloth vented insect lids ,that work great with the cups for shipping and for raising fruit flys,at "superior shipping"...

Back
Top Bottom