Baby Monkey tails are here!!! Thx Chad!!

Theyre awesome for sure!!! I love the little male. 1 question though, how do you sex these as to me they look very similar?

Thanks Benton!! And you would have to ask someone with a bunch more experience with them than I (CNorton) My understanding is you sex them by the spacing of the rostral buds.

Congrats! and awesome pics, and species! Cant wait for mine in a few weeks:D

Awesome, and Congrats!! You are going to love them they are really a cool species;);)

Thanks, ya I cant wait. I had a male back in the 90s for like a year or so and he was wc, I just remember he always had an almost fluorescent yellow diagonal band along his side, and had an extremelyyyy long tail and velvety skin:)

very awesome rob i like em..

Thanks Rob;)

Thanks, ya I cant wait. I had a male back in the 90s for like a year or so and he was wc, I just remember he always had an almost fluorescent yellow diagonal band along his side, and had an extremelyyyy long tail and velvety skin:)

Yeah, they are fantastic! The Male's sire was full of color so here's hoping he passed a little on to my little bud ;) and CRAZY long tales...case in point

428900_10150913858571895_1373902949_n.jpg

Thanks Benton!! And you would have to ask someone with a bunch more experience with them than I (CNorton) My understanding is you sex them by the spacing of the rostral buds.QUOTE]

This is what I suspect myself. K. tavetana have really different horn structures right out of the egg. Males are slightly more protruding, slightly, and slightly broader than females. Females horn buds seem to go into a more tight V shape than males also. The only thing is, is that tav males also come out a maroon color and females green so that is a dead give away:eek:. But, they are very noticeable to me. I would like to see all of the matschiei from all of the clutches.

What fantastic chams you got! Very nice and I love the freakishly long tails!! :eek:

Thanks! And it seems like those freakishly long tails are always holding on to something :rolleyes: best to get the tail wrapped around your finger first then pick up the cham.;)

This is what I suspect myself. K. tavetana have really different horn structures right out of the egg. Males are slightly more protruding, slightly, and slightly broader than females. Females horn buds seem to go into a more tight V shape than males also. The only thing is, is that tav males also come out a maroon color and females green so that is a dead give away:eek:. But, they are very noticeable to me. I would like to see all of the matschiei from all of the clutches.

I would love to see a thread with pictures from everyone that has some. Wonder how many pics Chad has?

They are absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations and good luck with them. they look to be in very good hands.

Thanks Sandy and Elliot! I absolutely love them and am doing everything I can to make sure the husbandry is spot on ;)

Some new shots of Loleza just north of 37g and growing as fast of my pardalis juvi's :eek: Here are a few shots from today:cool:

552034_10150982456956895_857793096_n.jpg

553729_10150982457166895_1615253234_n.jpg

523324_10150982457401895_1145013669_n.jpg

555479_10150982468336895_1560877898_n.jpg

524398_10150982468741895_1639480576_n.jpg

Meru shed this weekend. I had him out hanging in the kitchen on a fake tree(it is still WAY too hot outside for any of the chams :() and took a few macro shots of him. He has been doing great and is now 6.1g. He has an amazing amount of color for a little guy.
These guys are really great and super interesting. Very active and interactive. I will say they have really won me over and I am really excited to be working with them. Anyone that is on the fence should pull the trigger because they are a great species. I treat them just like my panthers except a lower watt basking bulb and supplement a couple days less a week. Otherwise they get the exact same care.
Loleza is just shy of 40g now and has been keeping pace with both my juvi panthers.

524271_10150994735646895_879162535_n.jpg

304352_10150994735746895_1232466042_n.jpg

643865_10150994735816895_1792535685_n.jpg

396048_10150994735876895_1418606924_n.jpg

All I can say is wow!!!
They look so great. You are doing a fantastic job with them.

I can't wait til I get mine later this week. I hope that i do well with them like you.
They clearly are a fantastic chameleon that needs more wonderful keepers like you.

Good luck with them and keep us updated with photos.

Harry

Last edited:
What is with this website? This is yet another thread that I strangely missed until just now wtf....anyway nice pics and congrats...

Congrats Rob! I knew you got the K. Matschiel but when I read your title I though you also got some monkey tail skinks (prehensile skink). :eek: If you ever do want any of those Dr. Alfonso raises them. They are one of his favorite reptiles. That will have to be after you add your second reptile room. ;)

What a gorgeous pair! I am loving your little girl. Are they related?

That's what I thought as well Jann lol

Thanks guys!!! They really are amazing. I feel it is a great privlage to be able to work with this species at all. There are so very few of them in captivity and even fewer cbb worldwide. It's great to have someone like Chad to put in the dedication, blood, sweat and tears, that it takes to be successful breeding a species like this. In my eyes these are to Kinyongia what Furcifer minor are to the Furcifer genious and what parsonii or oshaughnessyl are to Calumma.
I would love to see others throw their hat in and see what all the fuss is about.;)

Back
Top Bottom