At Home Cricket Breeding

As suspected, all of my shipped crickets arrived DOA. Traveled this week and picked up some banded for breeding. Introduced them to the new home. I’ve already witnessed egg laying from several females. Let’s see how this goes.

IMG_0878.jpeg

Oh and I added a 150W Ceramic Heating element. The halogen is set on a Kasa switch same schedule as the Cham enclosure. Heating element is on the temp control switch. Monitoring it all with Govee WiFi temp sensor.

As suspected, all of my shipped crickets arrived DOA. Traveled this week and picked up some banded for breeding. Introduced them to the new home. I’ve already witnessed egg laying from several females. Let’s see how this goes.

View attachment 350188
Awesome! Sorry about the DOA. I just got all my materials to set up my cricket breeding center haha

Would you think I could set all this up in my garage or would that be too cold? I’m just worried in my basement my cat will mess with them too much haha

Would you think I could set all this up in my garage or would that be too cold? I’m just worried in my basement my cat will mess with them too much haha
Depends on your ambient temperature. My garage would not be possible at 20-30F. My basement is cooler than the house at 68 F, but much warmer than the garage. Im able to keep 88-90 in the bins with the heating elements active.

Success! I installed a DIY single head mister on for 1 min every hour to the cricket lay soil bin. I also ordered from Ghann Cricket Farms. The last batch of 200 adults did their thing. I now have thousands of pin heads. They are in the separated from the main population. Time will tell how many grow up.

Back
Top Bottom