Anyone else?!

Katrinaa

I have a female veiled chameleon.. I was told that they are normally really nasty but mine is a sweetheart and always walks on my hand as soon as I put it in the cage. When she's on my hand and I rub gently in between her eyes she falls asleep. Anyone else's Chams do that?!

Lol. Mine hisses at me when ever i get near him. Mine is also a juvie male and he will never let me handle him.

Awhh how old is he? If he's young enough I'm sure it could be turned around!

Around 5 months. He will even come towards my hand as I put it in his enclosure, hissing, head-slapping, biting, puffing way up.

He's the devil. But he's my devil. Definitely a love/hate relationship. I love him, he hates me. :)

Veiled's are little terrorist drama queens.

See attached.

Attachments

• Osama - Terrorist Drama Queen -.jpg
    Osama - Terrorist Drama Queen -.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 96
My veiled is a total sweetheart. He loves to be out of his cage and will fall asleep in my hand. He loves to sit on my shoulder and see the world from a taller view. He looks around and takes it all in. I would really love to know what he is thinking.

He might just be interested in a warm hand but I am fine with that. I am so in love with this little guy I cant wait to get home from work and spend time with him. I havent laughed and smiled so much in a very long time. He is quite a character!

If chameleons cant "bond" with people then apparently mine did not read that memo!

We must have gotten lucky because most are awfully nasty apparently lol. Cupcake will have her days where she's cranky and wants nothing to do with me. But she never head slaps or bites!!

They are know to be very territorial and independent.

They are also very smart, and can figure things out rather quickly.

Both of my veiled are tame, but Sméagol is a real terrorist on the free range,
which he seems to think he OWNS as his own territory, and any other cham
hanging around is in mortal danger, as he will attack them.

My other veiled is totally docile, begs to come out of his cage, and practicly
flies onto my arm the moment I open the door.
He gets along with the others gest fine, so I can let him out with others on
the same free range w/o fear of any hostility :eek:

Smeagie is a different matter, when he is out, everyone else needs to be safely
locked in their homes.
He will go to each cage and peer through the screen, and try to scratch his
way inside to get to the cham inside :rolleyes:
But he has never tried to bite me or even hiss at me, even when it's time to
go home, and he tries to get away from me because he doesn't want to go back to his cage.
If you have seen the pics I posted of their "Beltway freeway" style free range,
you can understand why they like it so much :D

Back
Top Bottom