Air

chitzkoy

I live in a closed space condo with only one window. It is rainy season in my country now and I cannot leave the window open to circulate the air while I am at work.

Is it ok to place a small computer fan at the bottom of my reptibreeze to circulate the air?

Last edited:
I have a pillar-fan in my chameleon room that I keep on during the night when it gets warmer.
I have placed it on the opposite site of the room so the wind is not blowing on the cage to much, it does however provide a cool breeze indirectly.

Remember that you have to be careful not to introduce a draft.

I have a pillar-fan in my chameleon room that I keep on during the night when it gets warmer.
I have placed it on the opposite site of the room so the wind is not blowing on the cage to much, it does however provide a cool breeze indirectly.

Remember that you have to be careful not to introduce a draft.
The fan I have is a small USB powered one with blades an inch long lol. If I use is it hast to be at least a foot ofrom my to face to feel the wind. Will it be ok to point it directly at the bottom of the cage?

The fan I have is a small USB powered one with blades an inch long lol. If I use is it hast to be at least a foot ofrom my to face to feel the wind. Will it be ok to point it directly at the bottom of the cage?
Personally I think It will be ok if you avoid it blowing directly on your chameleon to much.

Possibly the safer way to go is to mount the fan the other way around and let the fan blow away from the enclosure. This way it does create an airflow (air is being sucked out) but it can't blow on your chameleon.

Whatever you do you want to prevent a draft.

Personally I think It will be ok if you avoid it blowing directly on your chameleon to much.

Possibly the safer way to go is to mount the fan the other way around and let the fan blow away from the enclosure. This way it does create an airflow (air is being sucked out) but it can't blow on your chameleon.

Whatever you do you want to prevent a draft.
Definitely going with this approach! Thanks!

Definitely going with this approach! Thanks!

I would do it this way as well. It would likely not do much to lower enclosure humidity and shouldn't cause any real issues with a draft. Many use small fans such as these in glass enclosures and have no issues, so I think you should be fine.

I would do it this way as well. It would likely not do much to lower enclosure humidity and shouldn't cause any real issues with a draft. Many use small fans such as these in glass enclosures and have no issues, so I think you should be fine.
I live in the Philippines so I am not worried about the humidity.. thanks

The main reason you need to worry about drafts at all in my opinion is do to your heat gradient. It has to vary so your chameleon can thermo regulate. As long as it doesn't mess with that too much your fine. I think sometimes we treat these animals as if they live in a bubble in the wild. I mean don't they experience wind, or even a breeze in the wild?? Just my two cents.

The main reason you need to worry about drafts at all in my opinion is do to your heat gradient. It has to vary so your chameleon can thermo regulate. As long as it doesn't mess with that too much your fine. I think sometimes we treat these animals as if they live in a bubble in the wild. I mean don't they experience wind, or even a breeze in the wild?? Just my two cents.
You're right, a bit of draft wont kill your cham...
I think t biggest problem with a fan is that the stream of air is continuous and in a confined space it's hard to get out of the way of it... Add some humidity to that and your cham's body heat will plummet and leave him vulnerable to viruses.

The safest way is to advise people not to use fans because they will cause problems if used incorrectly, but with enough thought in some situations they can work.

Back
Top Bottom