Adjacent Cages?

ChameSecret

Hey ChamForums Community,

I'm writing because after searching previous threads, there seem to be conflicting opinions on placing chameleons in adjoining cages. My living room has a large window that receives most of the room's sunlight, so I've arranged my two cham cages next to each other against it, with about 2" between them. My female veiled is in a 2'x2'x4' enclosure and my new ~4mo panther is in an adjoining 16"x16"x24" (..for now..). I've certainly seen long rows of adjacent cages, sometimes even sharing vegetation, online in the "Enclosures" section and on breeder websites. Does this have an effect on the cham's stress levels? Can this impact their health?

Ignore the brunette in the photograph. That's my girlfriend staring at de Nó. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 129
even though you may see adjoining cages, we all put dividers up so chams cant see each other.

your male will stress your female, and just the sight of a male can cause a female to cycle eggs.

Also, in case you arent aware, they get no uvb from the sun through your window.

uvb cant pass through glass/plastic.

I have a white vinyl shower curtain between my two cages so my two males do not see each other. I did notice this weekend that there is an occasional shadow as one walks past the barrier, but perhaps because there is no color they don't seem to notice. Marshawn was looking right at the barrier and did not flare up at all or really even seem to notice Golden's presence.

yea as others have said just use a visual barrier between the two cages an its fine.. I use weed barrier from home depot its a black cloth like stuff that way air still goes threw it an when your spraying the cage it will soak up some water an hold humidity longer...

Back
Top Bottom