Acuminatus babies

I Want em lol

man ya gotta post more pics as they grow... i wish they were easier to come by I would love to see more around... so interesting !

The baby was fine after the pictures. he/she was just cleaning their eye. But you did bring up a concern of mine. I water only once a day in the morning so it has the whole day to dry out. I also change the paper towel on the bottom every two days.

They just turned three weeks old and I can see a size change since they were hatched. I will post pics this weekend of their progress. It seems I have a male and female. The female seems to have a small kink at the base of the tail but she is a big eater :)

Thanks for posting Mike. I want these babies growing up nice and strongsince I am hoping to trade one so I can have two breeding pairs.

The eyelid of your baby acuminatus appears irritated and inflamed. My guess is that there may be too much humidity in your cage, or the cage is not drying sufficiently between mistings.

I had acuminatus two years ago which died due to an eye infection. Their eyelids became inflamed similar to what I perceive in your image. I believe that humidity and a damp cage were the culprits. It was strange because I had identical cages with brevicaudatus, which thrived under identical conditions. My suspicion is that acuminatus live in cooler temps at higher altitudes than brevs, and therefore experience less humidity. They may also climb higher than brevs and therefore stay out of the dank leaf litter below.

This is just my suspicion. It's hard to get it right with such small animals.

The eyelid of your baby acuminatus appears irritated and inflamed. My guess is that there may be too much humidity in your cage, or the cage is not drying sufficiently between mistings.

I had acuminatus two years ago which died due to an eye infection. Their eyelids became inflamed similar to what I perceive in your image. I believe that humidity and a damp cage were the culprits. It was strange because I had identical cages with brevicaudatus, which thrived under identical conditions. My suspicion is that acuminatus live in cooler temps at higher altitudes than brevs, and therefore experience less humidity. They may also climb higher than brevs and therefore stay out of the dank leaf litter below.

This is just my suspicion. It's hard to get it right with such small animals.

The baby in that picture is still alive. I moved it from a 32oz deli cup and put it in a tank 15 wide 18deep and 22 tall. I'll loose the like guy for a week or too then see him again. He has uvb to bask in and a temperature gradient of about 70 at the bottom and 77 at the top so he can move up and down to his liking. He get misting in the morning for 30 seconds at lunch for 10 seconds at 6 for 30 seconds then at midnight for 30 seconds. The tank completely tries out for a few hours before it mist again. The tank also has spots that stay dry all the time.

Back
Top Bottom