90 Gallon Dart Frog Vivarium - DialUp Warning -

Marty this is very inspiring. I have a 28 euro bowfront im building for some frogs tomorrow. Hopefully itll turn out halfway decent lol.

We want to do a setup for PDFs too one day. Aquatic critter has theirs for sale for 5,000$! I told hubby, lets spend our tax return on that! LOL.. Very awesome. I tried the foam stuff and it did NOT go well at all.

Really nice viv! I am goign to the reptile expo in Manchester in April, and I am thinking of getting a dart frog setup. This helps alot Thanks for sharing

Yea, Im gonna hold off on this project until we build our house. Then I am going to go all out with the Chams and frogs! 2-3 years..If the world doesnt end first ;)

Awesome set up.
Your leucs look great. I have a 92 gal corner bow front... want to come spend a month or so at my house and set it up like that for me???

Came across these pics...figured I'd post them. This is the same tank with few months of growth on it.

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_08481.jpg

IMG_08441.jpg

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

Apologies for the screwed up colors. I had a custom white balance set for another project and snaped all these on that setting. Didn't really feel like manipulating these so here they are in screwed up colors :)

move forward from previous photos by about a year.. Largely neglected because of lack of time, the tank has gotten badly overgrown. Leucs calling like mad in there, but it's become so dense that I decided to rip it all out and considerably thin things down and spread some leaf litter.

This is what it looked like before I started pulling plants out. Somewhat nice but unmanageable.
leuc_tank_1.jpg

Here's few photos of the tank after it got trimmed. Once you rip things out, it looks a bit crappy for a while, until it gets some new growth.

leuc_tank_2.jpg

leuc_tank_3.jpg

leuc_tank_4.jpg

leuc_tank_5.jpg

leuc_tank_6.jpg

leuc_tank_7.jpg

Here's my favourite Nepenthes gymnamphora. I took the whole clump out. There's actually 2 plants in there now. It must have split on me.

leuc_tank_8.jpg

leuc_tank_9.jpg

leuc_tank_10.jpg

leuc_tank_11.jpg

and here's the pruned version with more leaf litter and a bit more manageable. I purposely left it a bit empty, because that tank always manages to fill up within few months. As time goes by it will grow in a bit more and look a bit less pruned.

leuc_tank_12.jpg

Thanks for updating on this Marty.

I use RO water but my plants never take off like that...I only have 2 frogs in the tank though....maybe I need 8+ :D

More frog poop: the secret to a healthy tank.

Back
Top Bottom