Yeah this forum rocks!!!

Lyneeso

Just wanted to say how much fun it has been these last few months!!! :D
I feel like the online chameleon community has added alot of "good clean fun" to my life. I never thought that having chameleons could be so rewarding! I've loved EVERY minute of it!;) and to have the honor of being part of Chameleonforums.com has simply added joy to my life. I am a 3 year sober X-narcotics addict and can attribute so much of my sobriety to the chameleon hobby. To some of us I think it becomes so much more than a hobby. To me it is reason, purpose, education, and sheer passion. Not to mention, my chameleons have really become like my "kids". I always laughed at those "cat people" that said those sorts of things! However, NO WAY cats have ANYTHING on chameleons! :cool:
Thank You to Everybody!
Lyneeso

Just wanted to say how much fun it has been these last few months!!! :D
I feel like the online chameleon community has added alot of "good clean fun" to my life. I never thought that having chameleons could be so rewarding! I've loved EVERY minute of it!;) and to have the honor of being part of Chameleonforums.com has simply added joy to my life. I am a 3 year sober X-narcotics addict and can attribute so much of my sobriety to the chameleon hobby. To some of us I think it becomes so much more than a hobby. To me it is reason, purpose, education, and sheer passion. Not to mention, my chameleons have really become like my "kids". I always laughed at those "cat people" that said those sorts of things! However, NO WAY cats have ANYTHING on chameleons! :cool:
Thank You to Everybody!
Lyneeso

Yeah I love this site even though I just joined today, I've been reading it for a looong time! It's so AWESOME!!!!!!!

Lyneeso,

Takes guts to put that out there for all to see. I know, I've been there. I too had my demons, but they've been gone a loooong time now.

I can totally see how keeping chams could help to keep someone on the right path. They command (and deserve) a 100% commitment from their keeper. You can't do that if you're F*%k up all the time. Good job and congratulations.

Congrats on your sobriety and this hobby really does keep you busy. I can sit and look at my Chameleon's and Frogs for hours on end..

You are a great part of this forum, I have enjoyed your posts, and am sure others have also. We all benefit form the forum in different ways. I am now good pals with Tiff who lives in England. You make friends, contacts and learn one h^^^l about chameleons. You are in a good place now and if this forum helps you then we are all the better for it.:):):)

I have to agree with the therapeutic aspect of chameleons. Many know of my ugly battle with anxiety, and how I use the my chameleons for relaxation. Everyone needs an outlet somtimes, and for me It is my chameleons and photography. Congratulations on your sobriety, keep it up, and enjoy your stay here on the forums.:)

-Jay

EDIT:

I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT MEANS BUT THAT WAS YOUR 666th POSTING MAN...... SCARY:eek:

Time to retire this handle, and make a new one I guess.:cool:

not 666!!!!!!!

I have to agree with the therapeutic aspect of chameleons. Many know of my ugly battle with anxiety, and how I use the my chameleons for relaxation. Everyone needs an outlet somtimes, and for me It is my chameleons and photography. Congratulations on your sobriety, keep it up, and enjoy your stay here on the forums.:)

-Jay

I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT MEANS BUT THAT WAS YOUR 666th POSTING MAN...... SCARY:eek:

For sure this forum is great!
chameleons, frogs, bugs - I can watch and read about them for hours. Next to relaxing and destressing by gardening (pulling weeds is quite satisfying sometimes!), my animal/insect hobby definately adds much to my life! Far more rewarding than sitting on the sofa with Mary Jane (once a hobby, back when I was young)

yeah Jay, 666...:eek:

--------------

anyway Lyneeso,
Grats on the 3 years.
just for today, I got 13 years myself.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom