Wrinkly Eyes

MangoTango

Established Member
hey guys. for the past few weeks my girls eyes have been wrinkly and she’s been scratching them on branches occasionally. the pics are from today. my supplement schedule is repticalcium every feeding (which is every other day) and and reptivite with D3 once every 2 weeks. the only thing I can think of is a few months ago when she was about to lay eggs, her vet had me increase D3 intake to help her calcium intake bc her bone density could’ve been better, at that point I was giving her D3 3x a week. after she laid like 2 or 3 months ago I went back down to once every two weeks. she doesn’t always poop in the most obvious spots but from what i have seen, she poops 2-3x a week and her urates have always been white. lmk what you think. thank you ❤️

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpeg
    IMG_1451.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1452.jpeg
    IMG_1452.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1454.jpeg
    IMG_1454.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 43
hey guys. for the past few weeks my girls eyes have been wrinkly and she’s been scratching them on branches occasionally. the pics are from today. my supplement schedule is repticalcium every feeding (which is every other day) and and reptivite with D3 once every 2 weeks. the only thing I can think of is a few months ago when she was about to lay eggs, her vet had me increase D3 intake to help her calcium intake bc her bone density could’ve been better, at that point I was giving her D3 3x a week. after she laid like 2 or 3 months ago I went back down to once every two weeks. she doesn’t always poop in the most obvious spots but from what i have seen, she poops 2-3x a week and her urates have always been white. lmk what you think. thank you ❤️
Did you start noticing the puffiness to her eyes recently? Or has this been ongoing? You can see issues like this when over supplementation is involved. I personally would not increase D3 due to other things it can impact. Plain calcium without D3 and correct UVI level should be plenty.

However you can also see extra skin on the eyes and puffiness when there is an infection as well.

But if you zoom in on these pics there is extra skin and this is a sign of both of these that I mentioned above. They will not get extra skin like this prior to a shed. She could be rubbing because it is irritating her or there may be a shed coming. But the extra skin and a shed are not linked in my opinion.

Did you start noticing the puffiness to her eyes recently? Or has this been ongoing? You can see issues like this when over supplementation is involved. I personally would not increase D3 due to other things it can impact. Plain calcium without D3 and correct UVI level should be plenty.

However you can also see extra skin on the eyes and puffiness when there is an infection as well.

But if you zoom in on these pics there is extra skin and this is a sign of both of these that I mentioned above. They will not get extra skin like this prior to a shed. She could be rubbing because it is irritating her or there may be a shed coming. But the extra skin and a shed are not linked in my opinion.
it was somewhat recently…? maybe like around a month at this point? bc i thought she was going to shed them. should I dust the feeders a little less? she had little flake of shed come off one eye so far but nothing else, and they’ve looked a little bit better since then imo, take a look. I don’t see any other signs of infection personally. she does scratch them occasionally

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 36
it was somewhat recently…? maybe like around a month at this point? bc i thought she was going to shed them. should I dust the feeders a little less? she had little flake of shed come off one eye so far but nothing else, and they’ve looked a little bit better since then imo, take a look. I don’t see any other signs of infection personally. she does scratch them occasionally
how much are you coating the feeders?

IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg
sooo this is the state of her eyes now…thinking of making a vet visit. have no idea what’s going on but it’s bothering me

Back
Top Bottom