Worried :(

Male or female can be determined at birth wth these little ones.

Not your priority right now but have you reaserched egg laying bins?

No never even heard of an egg laying bin! The man we got her from had a big box of Eco earth on the bottom of the adult females tank and she layed the eggs in there...I've never bred anything so have no knowledge whatsoever on that subject...

Her growth is very normal for a female veiled. She is a very nice looking little girl and although the MBD can't be reversed it can be stopped. Because she is young she can have strong bones again which is why it is important to get her to a vet and get proper treatment.

We can go over your set up once you go over your Ask For Help form and should be able to see what caused the MBD. It is rare for a cham that young to get soft bones without something really wrong so we can help you fix it and the Vet can help you fix her and you can have a happy little girl again.

Don't beat yourself up there's tons of misinformation out there. It's very very easy to do. Trust me once your on track with a healthy happy cham it won't seem hard at all. Just second nature.. and youll love every second of it..

Yeah I really can't wait till she is bigger and healthy :)
They are such beautiful creatures and after wanting one for so long I'm hoping I can correct my mistake and get her better :)

nutrobal is a calcium balancer, with vitamin and calcium with d3. this shouldnt be used no more than 3 times a month.
i use it twice a month, and my female veiled is fine.

nutrobal is a calcium balancer, with vitamin and calcium with d3. this shouldnt be used no more than 3 times a month.
i use it twice a month, and my female veiled is fine.

I so never knew that :(

My bearded dragon was given this from a baby and he's now a massive adult...I will get some different supplement now, can you recommend some good stuff?

I so never knew that :(

My bearded dragon was given this from a baby and he's now a massive adult...I will get some different supplement now, can you recommend some good stuff?

i use prorep plain calcium every feeding, and i would recommend it.
and i use nutrobal twice a month.

hope shes gets better. good luck in the future.

No never even heard of an egg laying bin! The man we got her from had a big box of Eco earth on the bottom of the adult females tank and she layed the eggs in there...I've never bred anything so have no knowledge whatsoever on that subject...

Female veileds don't need to breed to lay. Substrate is dangerous they can eat it and become impacted. Once u research eggs you will see why a smaller properly set up bin is handy for eggs and when to see it needs to be put into place .. once she becomes "gravid"

Female veileds don't need to breed to lay. Substrate is dangerous they can eat it and become impacted. Once u research eggs you will see why a smaller properly set up bin is handy for eggs and when to see it needs to be put into place .. once she becomes "gravid"

Ok thanks, I will get some research in for this now before she gets laying :)

Please don't be too hard on yourself.

I'm sure you intended to the best for your little one. There is alot of bad info out there about raising chams. You came to the right place for help! You are trying to fix the situation and that is commendable! Some cruel people just let their chams suffer and die not noticing or thinking nothing is wrong!??!

When you go to the vet, they will ask you most of the same questions on the form Trillian referred you to. It seems like a pain to fill out but it is all very important info to have on hand all the time. If you fill it out and post your answers on here and then print out a copy to give to the vet, it will save you time in the future. I just always have an updated copy as a word document so I have it handy all the time.

And, if you post it on here, all the great, experienced people will help you change and fix anything you need to do to make life better and easier for you and your baby.

To make it easier, I will post the form below. Then all you have to do is copy and paste it and just put your answers in after the questions:

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom