Winter Funk?

Jo00

Established Member
Is “winter funk” really a thing with captive bred chams whose environment remains the same through all seasons?🧐.

Yes, it is. Some male panthers will seem to fade out for a couple/few months for no apparent reason. Is that what your concern is?

Honestly, I’ve seen other keepers refer to it and just want to know if it’s really something to be aware of. Thanks for the confirmation. One less thing to worry about if I encounter it. 👍

My guy did it only about 3 months after I got him and he had health issues so I kind of freaked about it. He only ever did it once. It’s not really something that is often discussed, I guess because it doesn’t effect many consistently.

Yes, it is. Some male panthers will seem to fade out for a couple/few months for no apparent reason. Is that what your concern is?
Honestly, I’ve seen other keepers refer to it and just want to know if it’s really something to be aware of. Thanks for the confirmation. One less thing to worry about if I encounter it. 👍

My guy did it only about 3 months after I got him and he had health issues so I kind of freaked about it. He only ever did it once. It’s not really something that is often discussed, I guess because it doesn’t effect many consistently.
Good to know. I can only imagine how you’d react when he already had health issues!

Back
Top Bottom