why gutload feeders when you can gut load cham

alexcoppola

just a idea......i gut load my crykets with sweet potato yam apple carrot orange and lots of good greens, i blend it all together and then freeze it into cubes. they eat it right up then i feed them to the cham. now i was thinking insted of feeding the crykets why dont i just put some of the past directly on them so the cham eats the gutload directly....

just a idea......i gut load my crykets with sweet potato yam apple carrot orange and lots of good greens, i blend it all together and then freeze it into cubes. they eat it right up then i feed them to the cham. now i was thinking insted of feeding the crykets why dont i just put some of the past directly on them so the cham eats the gutload directly....

I guess the only problem I can think of is that if the sticky stuff gets all over the cage, then it would be a good place for bad stuff to grow. But if you cup feed then that wouldn't have that problem.

Also, the ice cube gut load is a great idea. Thanks!

I would just stick the crix eating it themselves, up to you really but take the stickyness into mind.

I like the ice cube method too, im gonna give that a go:D

there realy isnt any point to me. i use this ice cube method, it is the best. obviously your cham is what you gutload their food with it, either way, its getting in them. so why go through the hassel. plus rubbing the paste on them could potentionally drown and kill the insects.. make them slow to move, and so on.

You'd loose any conversion of nutrients that might happen inside the insect, crickets will clean the smeared stuff off themselves fairly quickly, the amount that will fit inside a large roach or cricket belly is likely more than you could smear to stay on their backs, and bugs fed a good diet for the length of their lives (assuming you dont just gutload in the hours before feeding off) may have built healthier more nutritious bodies overall.

Freezing can reduce some vitamin content, so consider trying to use fresh whenever possible and resort to your ice cube trays only when fresh isnt possible.

While I agree with sandra that fresh is always better then frozen, I can see people using this ice cube method for when you have 4 or 5 feeders to feed and you have no real time each day to deal with fresh greens and fruits.

With that said, who here is really going to help me smear some goop onto some 3/8th inch crickets?
I mean really, they gata eat anyway. Why make things harder on ourselves?

Harry

Back
Top Bottom