Why does my cham do this ?

she lays real close to her uvb light and rarely in her basking space, is there something wrong ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 25
Oh she is just darling!

What are her ambient temps?
Her basking temp?
Do you ever see her use her basking light?

My Jackson's basks a lot under his UVB and so does my veiled girl. I would say its pretty normal.

Oh she is just darling!

What are her ambient temps?
Her basking temp?
Do you ever see her use her basking light?

My Jackson's basks a lot under his UVB and so does my veiled girl. I would say its pretty normal.
Her day temp is between 75-80
basking temp is 85-high 90s
night is high 70s - 75
I’ve been seeing her under that light more recently.

Her day temp is between 75-80
basking temp is 85-high 90s
night is high 70s - 75
I’ve been seeing her under that light more recently.
Got it. Her temps are quite high actually. You want her basking light no higher than 78-80 degrees. Her top ambient temp should be about 77-76 and the bottom of the enclosure to be around 72. If her temps are too high try having the basking light on in the morning for about 30 minutes and thats it.

She looks like she's really healthy to me. Her eyes and her casque look hydrated lean and clean. She likely won't voluntarily go above 85. And as long as there is a good temperature gradient in her enclosure, she'll probably find her spot. I mean, that's probably her spot right between her two lights. Its a good idea to make sure she can reach full UVB without being in the heat of her lamp too, if possible.

Than, as long as she's eating and and her humidity and hydration cycle are good, she looks fine to me.

-Connor

chameochameleons.com

Just about to head to work and I noticed she started doing this again…..could her infection be coming back or is it her way of cooling off?

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 15
Hello! Having her mouth open is bad. If its because she is too hot then its dangerously too hot and you'll want to work on cooling her enclosure ASAP. What are her current temps?

If its because she is struggling to breathe then her infection could be coming back (which would mean medication and a vet visit). I would suggest doing a husbandry review because if what caused the infection isn't resolved the infection will keep coming back.

She looks quite close to the screen top, so I would measure the temp at that spot to better determine if she’s overheated or URI is returning.

She looks quite close to the screen top, so I would measure the temp at that spot to better determine if she’s overheated or URI is returning.
She's always under the lamp, I just leave her uvb on and her basking light is 85-90 , I had to lower her wattage because my room is already pretty hot. At night it's 65-72 almost.

Hello! Having her mouth open is bad. If its because she is too hot then its dangerously too hot and you'll want to work on cooling her enclosure ASAP. What are her current temps?

If its because she is struggling to breathe then her infection could be coming back (which would mean medication and a vet visit). I would suggest doing a husbandry review because if what caused the infection isn't resolved the infection will keep coming back.
I literally just got her over the infection because she was sick when I got her from the pet store and she got better after I got her on meds but recently I'm noticing this and it's scaring me to think it's a URI and I heard if it comes back the dosage used might not be able to treat it. And I really want her to be okay.

If your house is that warm, you may not even need to keep the basking light on all day. Maybe try keeping it on and raised off the top for just the first part of the day…say until 1PM. Keep the uvb on though.

My basking light is only on for 30 minutes in the warmer months where I live. Otherwise it gets ton warm. You can also use the glass yogurt containers to raise up the heat lamp.

What supplements are you using and how often for each? I’m specifically looking for D3 and prEFormed vitamin A.

Back
Top Bottom