Who has an amazing automated set up?!!

Alexander1

Avid Member
I see tons of different set ups that are pretty cool, but who has the top notch auto setups, by that I mean lighting, misting, heating etc. I'm especially intrigued with lighting set ups that have dusk and dawn feature, misting set ups that coincide with lightning simulations.. I'm thinking of building super cage since I'm a nerd and I'm obsessed with replicating conditions my Cham would of encountered in the wild, minus the danger

Well that's easy get timers. My lights are on separate timers from my mister. My mist king is fed from a 5 gal bucket that is fed from an ro system that goes into a float valve in the lid of the 5 gal bucket. 2.5 inch holes in the bottom of the cages with screen hot glued under the hole. All the cages are in a row and i have a 4 inch pvc pipe cut down the middle with a slight slope that drains into a 5 gal bucket. That's how I have mine. I'm sure there are greater minds around here that have better setups.

Scott

I'm looking into one of my buddies setting up a pic to control my lighting, misting, fans and humidifier to replicate a 7 day forecast.. Just a pipe dream right now but I think it's very possible

I'd be very interested to see if anyone has some programmable lighting that's similar to the high end saltwater lighting setups that use a slow fade on and fade off to simulate the real sun.

I'd be very interested to see if anyone has some programmable lighting that's similar to the high end saltwater lighting setups that use a slow fade on and fade off to simulate the real sun.

I second that, jcarlsen. Also, if anyone has any means to simulate thunder sounds when the automated misting system kicks on -- I'd be all over that. Yes, admittedly this is more for my enjoyment than my cham.

I'm with you on this. Besides chameleons, I am into planted aquariums. They have such innovative lighting systems for aquaria these days. Simulated thunderstorms that coincide with tidal changes.....amazing stuff. I have seen people use these LED systems to simulate thunderstorms in their vivariums with their own prerecorded sound bytes. I know that there are dimmable fluorescent lighting fixtures that can simulate dawn and dusk like settings, but I think that would only be appealing if it collaborated with all the other lights needed for chameleon care. I'm sure with a little creativity this could be done by someone. All of the other elements of automation would be easily controlled with a timer like jcarlsen said. I use timers for my mistking and humidifiers. These elements could be controlled in your "7 day forecast" dream with the Ecozone mentioned above. I'm really in to naturalistic husbandry so that's why I just wrote a paragraph. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!

Back
Top Bottom