Where do you buy your Feeders from?

I need help!!!

I just ordered 500 crickets from cricket farm. WEll, I pull out a box expecting to have a container or something with easy acces. Nope. I have a box with 500 crickets. Theres no hole to shake them out of, just a 12x6 box. How the heck am I supposed to get crickets out of this without them jumping out when I open it up!?

I need help!!!

I just ordered 500 crickets from cricket farm. WEll, I pull out a box expecting to have a container or something with easy acces. Nope. I have a box with 500 crickets. Theres no hole to shake them out of, just a 12x6 box. How the heck am I supposed to get crickets out of this without them jumping out when I open it up!?

get a huge plastic bin (such as rubbermaid brand) at your local walmart,
take it outside (or your backyard).
Dump the whole box inside and shake.
Then, you can transfer the crix manually to your usual container.

Some escapee are inevitable. That's why best to dump it outside.
Some did it in the bath tub. But, I don't like the idea of sharing my bathtube with crickets.

I typed this exact topic title in the Search bar and I still had to go through 6 pages! I wish they went by best matched rather than date! This needs to be a sticky of some sort to help people with feeder suppliers.

I need help!!!

I missed this.

Basically what I do is I slit the box open, put it in my cricket keeper, turn it upside down and let the mongrel hoards exit the box, shaking it, then eventually opening it and letting the egg crate slide out.

I then remove the potato and pound on the box until they all come out.

Sure, I get a few escapees, but the cats help catch those.

I have never had this money nor every just in a giant box. I figured there would be some smaller containers. I was used to Mulberry and Georgia bugs which came in little deli cups or the cardboard tubes..this shocked me when I open the box to get those out and crickets start escaping.. Its all good now.. I keep em in a rubbermaid tub with the roaches. They all coexist happily.

I have never had this money nor every just in a giant box. I figured there would be some smaller containers. I was used to Mulberry and Georgia bugs which came in little deli cups or the cardboard tubes..this shocked me when I open the box to get those out and crickets start escaping.. Its all good now.. I keep em in a rubbermaid tub with the roaches. They all coexist happily.
Do your frogs eat roaches? :confused:

Do your frogs eat roaches? :confused:

I havent tried but Im working on it. I think you ask because you are curious why I still have roaches without Leo? I have pygmy chams. have for months but never said anything. They cup feed on the nymph dubias so I keep a small colony of breeders. :) I eventually would LOVE to get my frogs on nymphs as well but the roaches are not producing enough to make it a staple.

I love crickets farm! I got my second order from them yesterday. 2 days free ground shipping to TN. Awesome..and I love that they use the same eggcrate I do so I can always change mine out or add more for the roaches too! Greta as always.

Question: Whats the easiest way to get them out to put them into my tanks?? I try to trap them in a tube, but they are smarter and so friggen fast.. so then I end up carrying an egg crate over and having about 10 jump off and hide.. so wondering, these are only 2 wk crickets so they are small and fast.

I need help!!!

i put a paper towel tube in with mine. it fits snug onto the plastic bottle i use for dusting. i put it on bottle and tap a few times, thats all it takes. no chance for escape.

Back
Top Bottom