When Poop is Heavier Than Most Chameleons

That would be awesome if it works, and way better for the chams than the UVB as well. You can't beat mother nature, and the real thing.

Here is what I have.

12 melleri, 3 deremensis, 1 veiled, 4 jacksonii, 3 xantholophus, 2 gracilior, 1 amibilobe, 1 nosy faly, 2 oustaleti, 2 hoehnelii, 2 sternfeldi, 3 multituberculata and 6 cristatus.

I downsized quite a bit this spring. I sold all my panthers and veileds except for the 3 mentioned above.
Wow! Have you made any YouTube videos with your chams?

Holy crap!....literally!! haha

Perfect!!!!

That would be awesome if it works, and way better for the chams than the UVB as well. You can't beat mother nature, and the real thing.

Exactly! I think there are marked differences in chameleons that get outside time v those who do not.

@jpowell86, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would LOVE to see a thread of pictures of all the different chams you have! I've seen them scattered at different times but I would love just one thread with all the goodies in one spot!

I have a ton of pictures in my media here, but I will work on placing them in thread!!

Wow! Have you made any YouTube videos with your chams?

Only a couple of my melleri showing defensive posturing and eating. Nothing more than that. I have mulled over more than once having a professional photographer come out and capture some nice photos of my chameleons....maybe even a video.

Here is what I have.

12 melleri, 3 deremensis, 1 veiled, 4 jacksonii, 3 xantholophus, 2 gracilior, 1 amibilobe, 1 nosy faly, 2 oustaleti, 2 hoehnelii, 2 sternfeldi, 3 multituberculata and 6 cristatus.

I downsized quite a bit this spring. I sold all my panthers and veileds except for the 3 mentioned above.

Where's the female Parson!

How much does Naga weigh anyway? At 480g Atlas is dropping 17g bombs. I'm curious about Naga's weight.

Wow.. so that Meller's has a larger drop weight than a Parson nearly 20% bigger... what the hell. I'm gonna have to get Atlas some more meat... the roaches, worms, mantis, and other bugs are not cutting it. However Atlas does tend to go more often than yours... dropping four like that almost made me think he's not getting enough hydration. Atlas tends to drop one, maybe two at a time. He's quite regular.

Here is what I have.

I'm thinkin it's time we all take a field trip to Joel's house and get a tour. Anyone coming with me? He can even charge an entrance fee. I'd pay a bit of money to walk through the jungles and check them all out. Might help cover the cost of some of your feeders @jpowell86. What you think buddy? Wanna give us all a tour? I think the idea about a thread containing ALL of your enclosures and ALL of your chameleons all in one spot would be neat. It'd be like a digital tour, and I guess that is as close to the real thing as we can get right now.... You are pretty well-known here and full of valuable information. You definitely know your stuff. I've seen lots of your pictures and video media over time but I'm sure I've never seen it all. You are so lucky to be able to work with home and be around the chameleons as much as you want. I think I speak for lots of us when I tell you I'm a bit jealous lol. Other than weekends, I never get to see my chameleon during the day because I am at work. I'd love to be able to watch them whenever I want.

Trickedoutbiker get a webcam and watch them anytime you please. That is what I did. I use a app that is real time and helps me keep an eye on my fella. Pretty neat also to be able to witness his behavior when no one is around. Just a suggestion...

I agree with you I would love to go to Joel's house!

Trickedoutbiker get a webcam and watch them anytime you please. That is what I did. I use a app that is real time and helps me keep an eye on my fella. Pretty neat also to be able to witness his behavior when no one is around. Just a suggestion...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...chameleon-yup-i-just-did.152851/#post-1299913

I was actually reading ^^^ that thread the other day where people were talking about doing just that. The camera that @BKO Overdrive posted that he has, this one HERE, actually looks like a pretty decent one and I've actually been considering looking more into it. I'd have to compare it to some other cameras on the market though to make sure it's exactly what I want. But looking at the screenshot from BKO and also looking at some of the captured images posted by users on Amazon, it looks like it has some pretty good quality to it. I don't want nothing super pricey. I just want to be able to monitor my chameleon when I am not home to see what he is up to. I've always wondered what his habits are during the day when nobody is at home. Not only that, but if you are out of town for only a day or two and not having someone watch your chameleon because you aren't gone that long, you could still look at the camera and see if one of your lights blew out or something, or you could see if your misting system is still working at the proper times and things like that so you could call someone to go to your house if need-be. It would just be a nice lil piece of equipment. I have two cameras already, but nothing that can pan or tilt and nothing that has IR in it. I just have two standard computer webcams that come on when they sense motion. Good to watch the house with, but useless to watch the animals we have because it can't pan or tilt in any direction I want.

Wow.. so that Meller's has a larger drop weight than a Parson nearly 20% bigger... what the hell. I'm gonna have to get Atlas some more meat... the roaches, worms, mantis, and other bugs are not cutting it. However Atlas does tend to go more often than yours... dropping four like that almost made me think he's not getting enough hydration. Atlas tends to drop one, maybe two at a time. He's quite regular.

I tend to see that trend in all my larger melleri. The time in between defecations become more extended. Then I get the larger deposits at one time.

They get 45 minutes of misting in the morning and sporadic mistings throughout the day. Some days, especially when it is stormy outside, I will let it mist in the greenhouse all day to simulate true weather patterns. It takes a long time to trigger their drinking reflex. That is why I mist so long.

How often does Atlas go? He is so young still though. What is he..about 2-3 years old?? Can't be much more than that.

I'm thinkin it's time we all take a field trip to Joel's house and get a tour. Anyone coming with me? He can even charge an entrance fee. I'd pay a bit of money to walk through the jungles and check them all out. Might help cover the cost of some of your feeders @jpowell86. What you think buddy? Wanna give us all a tour? I think the idea about a thread containing ALL of your enclosures and ALL of your chameleons all in one spot would be neat. It'd be like a digital tour, and I guess that is as close to the real thing as we can get right now.... You are pretty well-known here and full of valuable information. You definitely know your stuff. I've seen lots of your pictures and video media over time but I'm sure I've never seen it all. You are so lucky to be able to work with home and be around the chameleons as much as you want. I think I speak for lots of us when I tell you I'm a bit jealous lol. Other than weekends, I never get to see my chameleon during the day because I am at work. I'd love to be able to watch them whenever I want.

Admission...that's a good thought! My price would be ten adult dubia per person. You can feed them off as you go!

Admission...that's a good thought! My price would be ten adult dubia per person. You can feed them off as you go!
Ooooo, that's a great price! I have a bunch of adult Dubia lying around since my Cham is too small to eat them and my beardies has stopped eating(another story all together)

Here is my set-up with my camera. I got a NEST cam from Lowes. It was a little more than I wanted to spend (199) but it had a lot of the features that I was looking for. I am sure there are products out there that could save you money. I liked this product because it is a plug and play piece of equipment. There are maybe 5 steps that you have to do to get your camera online and that is it. It is also wireless which i liked. I also like the user friendly app that NEST has. Works great with my iPhone.

Besides price the only negative I have experienced is I can't move the camera around - up, down, left, or right. It does however have a fantastic zoom that i can control on my computer and remotely with my iPhone. It is also 1080p HD so I get some great shots of Taco!

Check out picture. Pretty cool

Looks like Joel might have the same set-up.

Attachments

• TacoCam.jpg
    TacoCam.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 91
That is what I use! I love the NEST Cams. They have really worked out well for me and their night vision is very clear. Taco is looking good by the way!

Untitled.png

Thanks Joel. He has really bounced back from his URI. Still needs to eat a little more and get his weight up. I'm hoping a female will increase his appetite. I have read accounts of this happening.

He has always been a little small though.

Thanks for your help.

I tend to see that trend in all my larger melleri. The time in between defecations become more extended. Then I get the larger deposits at one time.

They get 45 minutes of misting in the morning and sporadic mistings throughout the day. Some days, especially when it is stormy outside, I will let it mist in the greenhouse all day to simulate true weather patterns. It takes a long time to trigger their drinking reflex. That is why I mist so long.

How often does Atlas go? He is so young still though. What is he..about 2-3 years old?? Can't be much more than that.

He turned 2 in May. 45 mins? wow. The indoor habitat he gets multiple mistings a day, most are for just a minute and more for humidity, but he gets a few for 5 mins. Those he drinks with and his drinking reflex is much faster, more like a panther, he tends to drink quickly if he's thirsty and other times just sits in the mist not interested. I also toss a small block of ice up on top of the cage and that drips down a bunch of leaves over the course of a few hours..

He also gets showered twice a week for about 30 mins.

Outdoors I'll leave the misters/sprinklers on for a few hours, he can easily get out of the water if he wants to. Sometimes he'll sit in them for hours, other times he says no and immediately just walks to a dry spot. I try hard to give the animals choices and then let them decide what they need.

Back
Top Bottom