What's the next best chameleon to get

hagmegsis

I've been browsing through various species and their information. There are so many amazing species though, so I kind of want them all. I'm not looking to get another chameleon for quit some time. Maybe a 1yr or more.

So veild are one of the easiest to care for because they're pretty resiliant. I'm wanting to try something slightly more challenging. I'm prepping now, to make sure that I'm absolutely prepared. Since there are so many people on her with great knowledge I wanted y'alls advice.

I'd like to use Pop-Tarts set up that he's moving out of if possible. It's 18" x 18" x 36". If not, no biggie. I want a male so I don't have to worry about if they're gravid or not. So, what breeds would y'all recommend?

I've been browsing through various species and their information. There are so many amazing species though, so I kind of want them all. I'm not looking to get another chameleon for quit some time. Maybe a 1yr or more.

So veild are one of the easiest to care for because they're pretty resiliant. I'm wanting to try something slightly more challenging. I'm prepping now, to make sure that I'm absolutely prepared. Since there are so many people on her with great knowledge I wanted y'alls advice.

I'd like to use Pop-Tarts set up that he's moving out of if possible. It's 18" x 18" x 36". If not, no biggie. I want a male so I don't have to worry about if they're gravid or not. So, what breeds would y'all recommend?

Maybe a Panther or Jacksons

I really like the color variety in panthers. I saw these awesome spikey chameleons and crested chameleons; but they seem like a species best suited for a more experienced person. They all seem to be imported.

I really like the color variety in panthers. I saw these awesome spikey chameleons and crested chameleons; but they seem like a species best suited for a more experienced person. They all seem to be imported.

I wouldn't go for a carpet, flap neck, senegal, and others since those types are usually wild caught and wild caught chameleons could have parasites.

So, as far as panthers go which kind would you recommend. From what I can tell there are 4 types of Panthers. Nosey be seem to be popular

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that depending on which coloring you're after, the different location/ species will dictate approx. what you'll get. FL chams has a good description of the different locations where each is from and the coloring that they display. Here's the link:

http://flchams.com/chameleons/panther-chameleons-for-sale/

Just click on panther chams at the top left and all the types will be displayed with a good description of each.

Well a Parsons is the ultimate chameleon to get so the next best this would definitely be a Rudis (Trioceros sternfeldi) they are pretty sociable have live births and actually like being housed in groups

Having parsons, now for my second time, I have to say, they are impressive in size and potential longevity, but other than those items, it's the exuberant price tag and rarity, with one driving the other, that attract the most people. They aren't very interactive, aren't terribly different than other chameleons in habit, and overall aren't nearly as "fun" as melleri, in my opinion. I would not suggest a melleri for you, as even the uber rare CBB melleri are a challenge to raise without fault. A panther, jacksons, carpet, or perhaps a CBB meru or quadricornis. I don't know what your keeping parameters are like or whether you own a mister, but for montanes, you should have a mist system for certain.

I would suggest a carpet. This species is much hardier than given credit, but it requires much different parameters than the veiled. It would be a great chameleon to learn variants in husbandry with. Just IMO!

I know they are so awesome but they are a montane species so their husbandry is totally different then Veileds and pretty much the same as Jacksons

I loved having a Jacksons more than I liked my Panther to be quite honest. Mine was so friendly. I loved him so much that I even got a cartoony tattoo of him. Watching him drink water all day was also the cutest thing ever; barely saw my Panther drink.
It's the lil things

Back
Top Bottom