what kind of panther is this?

serenitystarlite

Established Member
This is my friend's chameleon. Does anyone know what kind of panther it is? Sorry the pictures kinda suck, I only had my blackberry and it takes crappy pictures. He's a light greenish-blue normally and then the 2nd picture is him fired up.

Attachments

• IMG00173-20100223-2106.jpg
    IMG00173-20100223-2106.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG00176-20100223-2118.jpg
    IMG00176-20100223-2118.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 208
He looks nothing like an Ambanja. I once had a Maroantsetra that looked a lot like that guy. Looks like an east coaster though either way.

Does he kinda look like the panther in this thread usually https://www.chameleonforums.com/crush-maro-29876/

That is a Maroantsetra at rest, when they fire up they get yellows, brighter greens, reds, and oranges too. The yellow belly just doesn't say ambanja to me when he's slightly fired, also the lateral line is too uneven to be an ankaramy. Like fidel I'd say an east coast locale. I bet this guy would look stunning if he ever saw a female or another male. the east coast locales are pretty when not fired but when they really really fire up they are unbelievable. I'll try to find an picture of a maro that looks more like this ones. Could also be masola or any of the east coast panthers really.

Justin

Cbb, wc? I was thinking Diego Suarez or Sambava, but without seeing some more rest and fired up colors it's going to be hard for anyone to feel confident in answering.

yea i thought sambava too. he's got the greens and reds and you can see the clear u bar.

Back
Top Bottom