What Enclosure should I get for my location?

Kalebbb

Hello Everyone Im looking to get my first chameleon here soon a Jackson to be specific. I live in Eastern Maine and we have hot humid summers and cold winters. I have forced air heating for winter and run a AC all summer to keep the house cooler. Im curious if i should get a hybrid enclosure or just a screen?

Hey there welcome to the forum. With a hybrid you can control your gradients better both in winter and in summer. Due to you running forced air and heat this is going to pull a natural ambient humidity in the house down. So having a hybrid will help you keep that stable at the levels you need. Have you found the husbandry info for Jackson's yet?

Hello Everyone Im looking to get my first chameleon here soon a Jackson to be specific. I live in Eastern Maine and we have hot humid summers and cold winters. I have forced air heating for winter and run a AC all summer to keep the house cooler. Im curious if i should get a hybrid enclosure or just a screen?
I think a hybrid would work well, even a screen cage can be modified cover two or three sides. Many people use things like window insulation film, shower curtains corrugated plastic sheets, heck even trash bags can be used to close off the sides.

Hey there welcome to the forum. With a hybrid you can control your gradients better both in winter and in summer. Due to you running forced air and heat this is going to pull a natural ambient humidity in the house down. So having a hybrid will help you keep that stable at the levels you need. Have you found the husbandry info for Jackson's yet?
Hey thanks for the info! I have been watching a lot of Chameleon Academy on YT and learning a ton about the proper care for a Jacksons. I plan on getting the Enclosure fully built tested and ready before purchasing any tiny friends. Im looking at going through dragon stands so I didn't want to buy the wrong one.

Hey thanks for the info! I have been watching a lot of Chameleon Academy on YT and learning a ton about the proper care for a Jacksons. I plan on getting the Enclosure fully built tested and ready before purchasing any tiny friends. Im looking at going through dragon stands so I didn't want to buy the wrong one.
I have had multiple dragon strand enclosures. Here is my media album on all of them. They are wonderful enclosures. I love his hybrids. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/my-enclosures.6672/

Make sure you get your Jackson's from a reputable breeder. You will have a much better experience if you go this route.

Hi there! Just wanted to say welcome to the chamily! Can’t wait to see your awesome setup and beautiful jackson chameleon. Here is a link from Chameleon Academy that’s just an article about jacksons care. It’s mostly the same as in the videos. Hope everything goes well! 😊 Jackson Care Sheet

Back
Top Bottom