what else lives in your roach colony?

hailo

not sure how this happens but how many different bugs can live together? i went to pull out a discoid, most of them run away but on the bottom i pull out this huge hisser...these species compatible? not sure if it was male or female just know it dwarfed the discoids. i put it back after i gave the wife a heart attack with it. have to admit it kinda took my breath away when i pulled him out..this colony has been going for about 6 months now

That is awesome. It was probably accidentally in the colony shipped to you and too small to notice right away. Then time passed and it got big enough to be noticed. You need to get a couple more hissers and breed them. My Tarantulas love hissers. They fang them instantly, roaches are their favorite food!

I started with "25 dubias" and now I have at least three different type in the closed bin.

I find the nasty florida roaches and several different species of spiders which will take out nymphs from time to time.

thats cool im definatly going to ad a couple of those hissers in there...i ahve a golaith bird eater that grubs on everything

I have found about 10 dwarf cave roaches in with my dubias, as well as lots of crickets that seem to get in there. I also have a fruit fly problem, they reproduce like crazy with fruit + warmth + humidity. The insides of my bin is covered with pupae. I am going to clean it out today, does anyone think it would be worth to keep some for a culture?

if those are wild fruit flies, then they are flying fruit flies. Not the kind of thing one typically wants to culture. You may want to clean up a little more frequently to prevent them in future.

My panthers love the hissers. Seem to prefer them to dubia. Turkish seem to be the favourite roach Ive tried, likely because they move more, stimulating interest.

Hisser nymph can easily climb plastic, even glass - so keep a lid on.

Back
Top Bottom