what does it mean?

tagerlilly18

Okay so my cham doesn't change color when I touch him or go to pick him up(slide my hand under him) . he doesn't run or get aggressive or seem stressed in any way. He won't just step on my hand on his own however. Once I have him and take him out he'll sometimes crawl around a little or just sit on my hand and look around. He also has no problem sleeping on me and won't go back into his cage when he is sleeping on my hand. If its day he will crawl right into the cage when I give him the chance. What do you think this means as far as his comfortability with me?

Sounds to me like hes a non aggressive chameleon! I'm not sure what age your chameleon is but I hear sometimes as they grow older, their personality can change!

Mine however, which is a 1yearish old veiled chameleon.. She is very mean. I try to put my hand under her and she flares up really big, get brownish black and will gape (I try to not get to the gaping point! It scares me!) :eek: I feel like it has to do with the history with her past owners. I introduced a feeding cup to her that took a little while for her to get used to. Now when I'm holding her, she will get scared and rush over to the feeding cup! She never runs to my hand for safety. :(

Thanks! I'm happy he is non agreasive . I'm hoping one day he will be one of the ones who go to the cage door when he sees me. I'd still be really appreciateive for anyone else's opinion. Thanks!

Hopefully you just got yourself a very laid back chameleon. Does he sleep on you during the day? If so, that is not a good sign.

Your chameleon sounds a bit like mine. Mine is very laid back and never hisses, gapes, or tries to bite when we need to remove him from his cage, but he never comes willingly either. Your cham may be very calm or passive, like mine which I think is great! Hopefully if you keep working with him (hand feeding, treating him gently, etc) he will get comfortable enough to come onto you on his own, but it may never happen (I don't think it will ever happen with mine). Good luck!

I was constantly hand feeding my veiled chameleon (note that she hates my hand and gapes all the time!) Well, ONE TIME I had such a special moment it seemed.. I held my hand out like I had a bug, though I didn't have anything and she casually came over, got on my hand then she realized *uh oh! I'm on the hand I hate so much* and climbed off of my hand in a hurry. I was so surprised that she actually came to me without food.. I thought it was huge progress and I might see her doing that more often but she never did it again. :(

I just got 2 Rudis chams today and they both seem to like hanging on to my finger as soon as I put it anywhere near them :) mind you they're only 9 weeks. I hope they continue to enjoy coming out of their cages and chillin with me

Back
Top Bottom