what chameleon do you have & whats there temperament

Some aggression is a good thing.
It makes them fast learners, and gives them interesting personalities as long as you are lucky enough to be able to handle it.
So what if they are a little moody or grumpy sometimes.
That's the way people are!

I have 3 Nosy Be's.

Booberry my adult male is a big blue sweetheart. Very easy going, easily handled, eats and drinks from my hands, and has never shown any aggression except when I show him a reflection to fire him up.

As a baby he was very shy and would hide quite a lot.

My female Nosy Be "Pinky" was purchased about 2 years ago as a large juvenile. She's been aggressive from day 1. Bit me when I removed her from her shipping bag and has grown meaner ever since. She will actually chase my hand in her enclosure to try to bite.

I actually consider her aggression an asset as she goes prey items with the same zeal. Just about anything put in her cage that's alive and smaller than her head will be eaten. Its quite a hoot watching her actually run down a cricket.

My new baby boy is a Juvenile purchased a month ago at around 3 months old. He's a little shy, doesn't like to he picked up but hasn't tried to bite, and pretty much ignores me when I clean the bottom of his cage. He has eaten out of my hand once.

Not sure why veileds can be so agressive but it's known that they are one of the most agressive chams out there besides wild caught Chams

My 7 and a half month old is the exception to veiled aggressiveness, He is so calm and loves to be held, As soon as I open the cage he runs down the branch for me to hold him. He really is a sweet guy. I got lucky big time is what i'm hearing :)

I have a veiled, Picasso, and he is just a sweetheart, he gets to free range the entire house( not downstairs) and gets handled a lot, he is 8 months old.

Well what I just learned because a member told me is their aggression is a show. They want to see how much you fear them. Yesterday when I went to go take him out for a free range he got all huffy and mean but I just kept coming at him slowly and he knew I wasn't scared of him. And finally... After a month I got him to eat out of my hand twice in a row!! I was so happy, the beginning of trust has been sown in my relationship with him! (It felt so weird) haha

I have an 8 month old veiled.he was aggressive with me for about an hour after I got him when I first took him out of the bag he ran straight up my arm and tried to bite my ear. then he just started to put up with me.that said he has tried to bite me once since then I touched him by accident when cleaning crappy off some leaves near him.he's quite happy lately and walks onto my hand to eat but won't come onto it for anything else.he's been really shy and hiding for the last 2 days as we moved the cage but he seems settled tonight. On the other hand the sight of my girlfriend and he's puffed up chin out and mad for action

I have a 1-2 year old female she is very stingy but loves to eat and only enjoys being handled when there is food involved. other than that she is very sensitive skiddish and is startlerd very easily but what can you do their chameleons not dogs or cats. Veileds are very territorial and solitary and do not enjoy other chameleons or pets around I have a 5 month old panther and she despises him lol:D

I do not actively try to tame any of my chams. I like their varying personalities friendly, shy, aggressive, passive, they all are very entertaining!

1.4 year old male Nosy Be - Shy but not aggressive. Does not get scared or fire up when I clean around him, but will try to get away if I try to pick him up. Will not handfeed, but will eat bugs right after I place them on the screen.

0.8 year old male Ambilobe - Friendliest cham in the world. He comes to the front of the cage and stares at me with both eyes whenever I am in the cham room. As soon as I enter his cage to remove crickets or clean he will run onto my hand. I can barely get anything done in his cage and I love it. Hand feeds without issue.

1.3 year old male Jackson - Sweet as can be. He will not crawl onto my hand but will not try to run away if I need to pick him up. He always watches me and has handfed from day 1.

my RB ambilobe is named Kuzco(but I call him Booger more lol, he was just so tiny and green when I got him...:D) he's so friendly and loves to be out. But mostly just for me, he is like obsessed with me lol. He has only bitten me once, and it was because there was a tornado and I had to wake him up (now he will sleep in a box if there is a chance of a tornado) he's the sweetest little guy ever :D

1.5 year old nosey be panther, sweetest boy ever ! Loves being handled and will do anything for a green banana roach ;) he has his days when he just wants to be on his own :p and he hates my new puppy !! Its his house !! Spoilt boy !

Back
Top Bottom