What age for FR?

Blevine1292

okay so once my guy grows a little im gunna empty my closet put a screen door on it and use that as his cage. How big should my Veiled be before i start free ranging? he is only 3-4" right now and i think he is just WAY to small for free ranging, my room is naturally humid..like 58% humidity on a normal day...i dont know why, maybe because of all the cages and such strewed about my room, but my room is literally 85 degrees w/o the AC on. so its almost the perfect environment for a cham to live in anyways, What age/size did you guys start free ranging?

We start our little guys out with us in a homemade "tree" in our office made from a styrofoam cone with branches stuck in it. We try to get him acclimated to us/out of cage time from an early age. This is when we introduce them to kale. As they grow they get to move to one of the big artificial trees we have. Currently, we have 3 males that love to be out and free range. They don't really go anywhere and stay in the tree. Since I don't have a UVB bulb set up for them they don't get much daytime in the tree, they get to spend daytime outside, but often sleep in their trees.

so even though my guy is a couple weeks old, i should start with a small tree for a couple hours a day and slowly move him longer and longer outside his cage? and do you think you can post a pic of the Styrofoam cone tree?

Back
Top Bottom