Open every day of the year

Summer Hours (March 1-October 31)*
Admissions Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Grounds close at 6 p.m.

* the zoo will close at Noon on June 16th

Winter Hours (November 1-February 28)
Admissions open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Grounds close at 5 p.m.

This weeks tour will take us from South America to the Orient.

Stay tuned. Next weeks tour we will go from the Outback of Australia to the African Safari.

Treasures of the Amazon Rain forest

First exhibit: Amazon Milk Frog

The Amazon Milk Frog (Trachycephalus resinifictrix) is a large species of arboreal frog native to South America. It is sometimes referred to as the blue milk frog.

Second exhibit: Bicolor Dart frog (Phyllobates bicolor) is the second most toxic of the wild poison dart frogs.

Third exhibit: Pastel Redtail Boa - Female *Soon male hypo red tail on display.

Though all boids are constrictors, only this species is properly referred to as "Boa constrictor"; an almost unique instance of an animal having the same common and scientific binomial name. (The distinction is shared with Tyrannosaurus rex.)

Fourth Exhibit: Green iguana

Iguana is a vegetarian genus of lizard native to tropical areas of Central and South America and the Caribbean.

Travels through the Orient

First exhibit: Gonocephalus Chamaeleontinus

Gonocephalus chamaeleontinus is an iguana from Indonesia and Malaysia

This species lives in a humid tropical environment, in the forests of central Java. It is a species of around 22–25 cm, and quite territorial. The lifestyle is close to that of the chameleons. The females are green, with the males bluer, with yellow touches.

second exhibit: Green Flying Frog (Rhacophorus reinwardtii)

Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests, subtropical or tropical moist montane forests, freshwater marshes, and intermittent freshwater marches of China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.

Noted for being able to bank steer from the extra webbing on the front feet.

Third exhibit: KOI

The word koi comes from Japanese, simply meaning "carp".

Fourth exhibit: Leopard geckos

he leopard gecko is a nocturnal ground-dwelling gecko naturally found in the deserts of southern Central Asia, and throughout Pakistan, to the northwestern parts of India. Unlike most geckos, leopard geckos possess movable eyelids

That's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing it. I really want to start getting into frogs! I have never seen ones like that first pic:eek: very cool I also like the way you did the thread... Clever

What a fun creative thread. I looked yesterday but had no time to post. I love your animals and your presentation of them.

Wait a minute, I saw this thread a while ago. I thought you had another one I missed. I do so love your animals and the variety you keep. It is amazing you have time to work.

Reactions: Hoj
They are an awesome frog to keep, mine would tong feed and many times were so eager to eat they would know when the screen lid came off it was food time and would come perch on the lip of the tank to eat.. Id recommend them to anyone.

:D What an exceptional collection my friend. All of your animals look happy and well-taken care of. I love the Koi. I hope to have a pond for some koi and my turtles some day.

Back
Top Bottom