Wax Plant Question

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi Friends!

I am looking at all of the chameleon safe lists from Petr Necas and provided by the Chameleon Academy and see that a Wax Plant (Hoya Sp.) is deemed safe (see attached). I have a Chelsea Wax Plant (Hoya Carnosa) that I would like to put in a chameleon enclosure if it is safe for him. Can anyone confirm this?;

What about a ZZ plant?
I am not as familiar with this plant but know that as many other plants it's listed toxicity is oxalate which is very common for plants in the Araceae family. This is my opinion not verified but I would be willing to bet that it's toxicity is similar to pothos or other plants in that family. WHICH we use all the time. I worry far more about ficus with the sticky sap like ooze than any plant with oxalates

It may not be ideal for veiled that snack leaves but a panther or Jackson might have zero issues at all with Araceae plants since they don't snack on the leaves.

I am not as familiar with this plant but know that as many other plants it's listed toxicity is oxalate which is very common for plants in the Araceae family. This is my opinion not verified but I would be willing to bet that it's toxicity is similar to pothos or other plants in that family. WHICH we use all the time. I worry far more about ficus with the sticky sap like ooze than any plant with oxalates

It may not be ideal for veiled that snack leaves but a panther or Jackson might have zero issues at all with Araceae plants since they don't snack on the leaves.
Thanks! It would actually be going in an enclosure for a Jackson's :)

You’re getting a Jackson’s??!! How exciting! I can’t wait to see 😆💚
Oh I am so excited. I have been prepping for him since Friday. He comes on Wednesday, weather permitting. I’ll share photos once he is arrived and settled.

Back
Top Bottom