Water ?!?!?!?!

LitldevlblueBar

So first of all I wanna send a thank you to the guys who responded to my first post of the thermo/hydro post !!!!! VERY helpful.

Now heres a new post maybe someone can help me with......How to you water your chams meaning what kind of water do you use. I have been buying distilled water and in one week with the misting system and the dripper I am on 8 gallons of water bought from the store. Does anyone here make there water from the tap by boiling or adding drops to the water whats a good SAFE way to give water to my cham without harming him. 8 gallons of water is a little pricey.......Any tips or tricks anyone can share with me? Or tips of making your own distilled water? :rolleyes:

Well.. making your own distilled water would involve a large, expensive still lol but you can purchase water conditioning drops at places like petco and petsmart. These remove chlorine and things like that from the water and are much cheeper than buying bottles of distilled water from the store.

Damn I wanna build a Still

haha so how do you build a still haha. Well I have the drops from petco because I use them in my snakes water dish. Looks like ill have to find sumthing to measure the droplets you put into the gallon. Cuz its sumthing like 32 drops if I remember correctly per gallon. Thank you this helped. Would I be able to boil water if it came down to it and lets it cool before I put it in the gallons ?:confused:

Hmmm I am not quite sure how you build stills lol maybe you can pick up a few tips on that show moonshiners on discovery channel for that one haha. Boiling the water will help though, and as piglett said a britta pitcher or an under sink filter works great and should make the water completely safe for your cham.

Hmmm I am not quite sure how you build stills lol maybe you can pick up a few tips on that show moonshiners on discovery channel for that one haha. Boiling the water will help though, and as piglett said a britta pitcher or an under sink filter works great and should make the water completely safe for your cham.

Thank you so much ! I will actually do that !

Honestly I am not so sure you need to worry about the water that just comes out of your tap! I live in Vancouver, BC where the water is pretty clean and good, and while I used to add drops to my water before misting I still noticed a little bit of white powderey discharge from my chams noses. About 3 years ago I stopped using the water care drops and haven't noticed any negative changes in my chameleons health since then. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you live in a part of the world where your water really shouldn't be consumed from the tap! Hope this helps!

Honestly I am not so sure you need to worry about the water that just comes out of your tap! I live in Vancouver, BC where the water is pretty clean and good, and while I used to add drops to my water before misting I still noticed a little bit of white powderey discharge from my chams noses. About 3 years ago I stopped using the water care drops and haven't noticed any negative changes in my chameleons health since then. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you live in a part of the world where your water really shouldn't be consumed from the tap! Hope this helps!

I live in a suburb out of Chicago Illinois. Its city water so it has chlorine and fluoride in it. Ill just boil the hell outta the water and let it cool then ill fill the jugs up Im sure that would be fine.
:eek:

Ahhhhh yes, a bit of water treatment may be in order! I used to use the Aquatize Water Drops by Flukers (I think!). Boiling water sounds like such a pain in the ass...I know some members buy RO Water (reverse osmosis) from the grocery store and that is fine to give as well...just not sure how much it costs! Good luck!

I too wanted to ask this same question since purchasing distilled water can become pricey especially when you have a fogger, automatic mister and a hand mister in stock. Would boiling the water dissolve the chemicals? I am trying to find water that will not harm my automatic mister nor Repti Fogger.

dj

lol well you came to the right post ! haha i think ill just have to figure sumthing out either boiling or just saying screw it and staying with the gallons from the store...... :confused:

Back
Top Bottom