water drip

TikiTimer

Goodmorning! I was wondering....Will a 4 month ol baby veiled chameleon drink from a drip system? The last Chameleon I had was a year old if not more when I got him, He lived a full healthy life, But I have never taken care of one this young....So any advice on raising a 4 month old one would be great!

Oh and any one with chameleon baby pictures, I would love to see them!!!!

I think it all depends on the chameleon! Without a doubt you need to have a drip system in there regardless if you observe em drinking directly from it. My juve does not drink from the actual tube - he goes for the leafs it is dripping onto. Other members are lucky enough to have theirs drink right off of the little tube, and catch the excess in a cup/vase whatever they want.

Brad Ramsey's cham is fully trained to everything nowadays, hes got the dripper setup perfected, and his veiled poops in a container, and rumor is that he has tought em to do his taxes and laundry now as well. Brad, get some pics for us!!

I was also wondering, I bought a Repti-Glo 5.0 which is 30% UVA and 5% UVB
What is the ideal percentage they should be getting, I was told this is a good bulb, Its what I have always used...

I have a ceramic heat light, and I was recently told I should have a light and Heat emmiting basking light...A daylight bulb, But this would up the UVA, So is this ok? I know that they can OD on UVB, I dont know about UVA, SO how much is too much? What should I do? I am a little confused. Anyone that can shed some "light" on this would be GREAT!

Haha Thats funny, I have always used a dripper with a bowl to catch the water too, and my old cami Kahuna would always poo in his water, Silly Cami's!

What is the ideal percentage they should be getting, I was told this is a good bulb, Its what I have always used...

I have a ceramic heat light, and I was recently told I should have a light and Heat emmiting basking light...A daylight bulb, But this would up the UVA, So is this ok? I know that they can OD on UVB, I dont know about UVA, SO how much is too much? What should I do? I am a little confused. Anyone that can shed some "light" on this would be GREAT!

Hey Tiki - here is a URL that will hopefully "shed some light on the subject" hehe

http://www.chameleonsdish.com/heatlight/options.htm

I already read it, I still dont know though, cuz my bulb isnt just a UVB bulb its both, So should I still have another bulb that does just UVA and heat? I dont know if the bulb they are showing is UVA and UVB...

ok the bulb they show DOES do UVA and UVB, So I am guessing it is still ok to have your heat lamp emmitting UVA?

Everything i've read says the Reptiglo 5.0 is the best bulb to use.

Back
Top Bottom