vitamin A?

Bee pollen contains prOformed vitamin A but it's not certain that chameleons can convert it. It also contains vitamin D.

If you are using herptivite it also contains a beta carotene (prOformed) source of vitamin A and cannot be overdosed....but if not able to be converted the chameleon wouldn't get enough vitamin A.

Your gutloading/feeding get does not contain any prEformed vitamin A but could use improvement for the bone health of your chameleon. I use a wide assortment of greens such as collards, escarole, endive, dandelion greens, kale, etc. And veggies such as carrots, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, etc.

Also...vitamin A and D3 are antagonistic to each other and need to be in balance for good bone health so by using D3 at most feedings and providing D3 in the bee pollen you may pushing your chameleon towards a calcium issue...but I can't say if it has to do with the eye issue or not.

Concerning your supplementing...its recommended that you use a phosphorous - free calcium powder at most feedings and twice a month a phosphorous - free calcium / D3 powder and twice a month a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene (prOformed) source of vitamin A.

Sorry this is not helping you directly with the eye issue.

wait so bee pollen is bad? should one just bee pollen as often as D3 is use? kinda like once a month for mountain species?

eye problem

I think I have it figured out. We have Exo-Terra Jungle Vine in the cages and I noticed when I tought the vines some of the gritty stuff comes off on my hand. I have notice that Irie is the only one of our chams that rubs his face on said vines. So maybe he is getting stuff in his eye? I am going to remove the vines and flush his eye tonight. I will keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom