vitamin A deficiency closing rubbing eye

plzhelp

i have a 2 year old chameleon and for around 2 months now he has been closing an eye and constantly rubbing it on a branch, the eye alternates so it is a problem with both eyes. i have gave him repashy calcium plus lod for 4 feedings now (over the 2 months) and have been gutloading about half his feeders with repashy bug burger but the eye problem isn’t getting any better. i really think that it’s from A deficiency because around a month ago he had some crust around his eye and the past year of his life i haven’t gave him any repashy calcium plus lod and was poorly gutloading (not as often as i should have but not never) he was fed many grasshoppers first year of his life which carry vitamin A making me believe that is why the problem hasn’t occurred earlier. i just read some old thread from 2009 reading people give vitamin A from the capsule very carefully i have never seen that before and the post is very old so i am just curious do people still recommend doing this?
https://www.chameleonforums.com/eye-problem-27421/index2.html

It is extremely risky.... If you read through that post... It is not the recommended route because of the risk involved.

I do not think it is a vitamin A issue. You are covering vitamin A with the repashy LoD. I think you have more going on as I have mentioned in previous posts. Specific if he is rubbing on branches this is almost always an issue of wanting to clean the eye or something in the eye. Which is why I spoke to you about an automated misting system.

It is extremely risky.... If you read through that post... It is not the recommended route because of the risk involved.

I do not think it is a vitamin A issue. You are covering vitamin A with the repashy LoD. I think you have more going on as I have mentioned in previous posts. Specific if he is rubbing on branches this is almost always an issue of wanting to clean the eye or something in the eye. Which is why I spoke to you about an automated misting system.
yes i will be ordering an automatic misting system very soon and i have been spraying his eyes from far away with the mist coming off the water thank you for your help im not gonna do the capsule.

Back
Top Bottom