Very sad and heartbreaking day...

maxttu

Not sure if this is the right spot, but I have some terrible news to report this morning. :(

I walked into the warehouse this morning to find my beloved Chazam deceased. I'm in TOTAL shock and disbelief. He was on the bottom of the cage, on his side with his tongue hanging out.

He was a walking billboard of health, at least he appeared to have been. WTH could have happened??

RIP, buddy. Everybody loved you...

Oh max my heart goes out to you! What a horrible thing to have happened. You are such a good keeper and I highly doubt you did anything to cause this. I guess chams are just like people and something can just happen out of the blue and we may never find out just what it was :(

R.I.P. Chazam. Sleep tight buddy xxx

Awe, that is terrible. He was one of the coolest chams on the forum with his awesome spikes. I am so sorry he died so suddenly.

I am sooo sorry to hear this news!!!!!! Chazam was such an interesting guy, I loved seeing his pictures!!!!!!! I know you loved him and took the best care of him!!!!
My heart goes out to you!!!!!!!

Im so sorry :( . I couldnt bare to think of seeing my little boy like that. Makes me so sad. Big hugs to you. Take Care.

I'm so shocked, I'm so sorry. It's awful to lose any chameleon, but to lose a CF celebrity is heartbreaking.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm just looking at Fenix and Walker and I'm freaking out. What have I done wrong? What went wrong? Is this a fluke? I mean, I just upgraded Chazam to the new cage last week. Something wrong with the cage?? Philodendron is on the safe plant list... :confused:

Sorry to hear max. SOmetimes theres no explanation for deaths. I have lost some the same way.

I do have to ask though. In his new cage. Did you seal the wood? Could any harmful chemicals been involved?

I feel your pain man. I had a female faly crash on me over the weekend also. She was fine and thenthe next morning she was hanging from her branches. I tried reptaid over the weekend and pedialyte but she didnt make it. Sorry to hear about Chazam....:(

Sorry to hear max. SOmetimes theres no explanation for deaths. I have lost some the same way.

I do have to ask though. In his new cage. Did you seal the wood? Could any harmful chemicals been involved?

I applied a very light coat of water seal on the plywood that was between the vanity drainage and bottom pvc of the 2x2x4. It had more than two days to air and dry out in my 90+ warehouse. :confused: Do you suppose this was the culprit?

I feel your pain man. I had a female faly crash on me over the weekend also. She was fine and thenthe next morning she was hanging from her branches. I tried reptaid over the weekend and pedialyte but she didnt make it. Sorry to hear about Chazam....:(

Thanks and I'm sorry to hear of your girl. :( Damn, these guys and gals are so delicate and fragile.

Thank god I didn't pull the trigger and ship him out last week. That would have have been horrible and disastrous...

OH MY GOSH! I am so sorry man! That is horrible, don't question yourself I doubt you did anything wrong you are a great keeper! Chin up man, you are a fantastic keeper and he lived a great life. It is shocking though that such a wonderful Chameleon such as Chazam passed so suddenly. My heart goes out to you man!

Ben (RIP Chazam)

Thanks man. What really got me was I babied her and waited and waited to breed her. She was about 14 mos and I was going to breed her clutchmate/sister first then her. Those were the only two females I kept from last yrs clutches. So now Im short a female and Im po'd cause I didnt notice something sooner in time to help her. The reptaid & pedialyte kept her alive for a cpl of days. Somtimes I wonder if we should let em go or try to save em when they get like that. I didnt want her to suffer but I also wanted to try and save her.....Just a crappy situation all the way around.....

Yeah I bet your glad you held off on rehoming. That would have been awful...

Back
Top Bottom