Very concerned

skittles1234

Took my 4 month old female Jackson to the vet about a week before I moved. The move was only a two hour drive but the entire move with all of my cages and set up took at least five hours in total. I've been here for nearly a week now and I have had no choice but to place her and my other four chams in the closet till maintenance is through in my appartment. They are not suppose to be here. Miff my female Jackson is taking this the hardest though. She is parasite free. But the poor thing started sleeping during the day. I'm so upset and do not know what is the problem. Temps are a little lower then usual because I needed the extra ventilation in the closet. This situation is not permanent. They will be out as soon as these people are done working. What could cause this? My other male jack is fine. Please help... :(

I cannot afford to take her to the vet A Third Time!! Please anyone's advice would be useful at this point. I wake her up by misting her. Then she falls back to sleep. Is acting super lathargic today. :'(

Do they still have their lights on them in the closet? If not then they will think it's night time permanently and just sleep.

I have everything in the closet set up exactly as I would outside the closet. Their UVB and heat and mister and dripper all same place. Temp is only down by maybe 2 degree's

I'm afraid she is passing away right in front of me. Feeling extermly helpless right now. She won't open her eyes. She's going downhill so quickly. Please anyone begging right now with tears in my eyes.

She is her normal light green / tan color. She gets a lil darker when I mist her. She was opening her eyes when I misted earlier but now won't even look at me. She was ok yesterday. She even ate a couple crickets

Mmmhmmm I'm sorry I really don't have much ides of wat to do. Female jacks are outta my rhelm.. hopfulky someone comes by with input.. its possible shes exhausted from all the moving about.. but i cant say I've never had to go through it.. :( best of luck to u

I'm afraid she is passing away right in front of me. Feeling extermly helpless right now. She won't open her eyes. She's going downhill so quickly. Please anyone begging right now with tears in my eyes.

I am so sorry and want to help you all I can.
When you moved your animals, what temps, conditions, wind, noise, etc were they exposed to?
What sort of work are they doing in your appt? are they painting and making fumes and/or dust. What kind of ventilation is she getting in the closet?

Can you post some pics right away? Does she breath heavy, funny looking poop, like really runny?

Is her color real dark? can you pick her up and she opens her eyes, or is she limp and cant grasp?

Not to put you down but you just made me burst into tears. I figured no one would know what's going on with her. Got 2 fecal exams and both came back neg for parasites. Other then that my husbandry is set up exactly as I was told to do for Jackson's on this site. My male jacks fine. I don't want to
Lose my miff. I love her. Soooo upset right now. Temp gun reads her body at 72. Basking area 80. Cool area 71. Plants are all safe. No signs of fungus, mouth rot, RI...I'm sitting on the floor next to the closet watching her sleep.

I am so sorry and want to help you all I can.
When you moved your animals, what temps, conditions, wind, noise, etc were they exposed to?
What sort of work are they doing in your appt? are they painting and making fumes and/or dust. What kind of ventilation is she getting in the closet?

Can you post some pics right away? Does she breath heavy, funny looking poop, like really runny?

Is her color real dark? can you pick her up and she opens her eyes, or is she limp and cant grasp?
I placed all of them into individual plastic containers with air holes and a plastic vine for sitting. They were in the front seat with me in my car the entire time where I could watch them. It was night out so they all slept for the drive.
They haven't done any work yet. I didn't I know when they were coming so I just placed them in there to hide them. I have no job so I've been here with them daily. They will be coming into fix my toilet that's about it.
She hasent pooped much but it was dark the last time and her urate was a lil orange.
I can't post photos right now on iPhone. But she has excellent grip still when I took her out just now. Eyes still closed though

She just opened her eyes and walked over to her basking area. Then walked over to her cricket container and is now eating like a pig. I'm so frwaking confused right now I'm pulling my hair out. Why the sleeping routine??? And now eating. She is messing with me right???

HAHAHA, well I'm glad she seems okay right now, maybe she was just a little tired from the move, she might have been up when she was in the car

Still concerned but glad to see some one got some humor out of my pestilence

Sorry I just got home and was in transit.
Sounds like she was unable to warm her body temp when she needed to and simply when into a kind of hybernation.

This happened to both of my male jacks.
They were shipped overnight, received at almost noon the next day.
When I opened the boxes, they were dark, eyes closed, I thought they
were dead.
I picked them up and they did not open their eyes for several seconds, then they slowly came too enough to climb on a branch.
Their motabolism was totally messed up for 2 days.

I think your cham needs to get her matabolism back on track.

I know it sounds crazy, but they really are sensitive, esp if they are young or sub adult.

Keep an eye on her

P.S. dont worry about hidding her, health is more important. If someone sees her and makes a comment, tell them to f@*k off, it belongs to a friend,
and he is coming to pick it up!!

Thank you so much. I am some what calmer. I'm watching her and turned up the air conditioning. Hopefully she is just too cold and I can warm her up once I move her.

Is she doing better today? :( I would call a reptile specialty store like lllreptile or call vet to see what you should do or if they are Any help. If she is dying maybe an emergency vet visit is needed unless they tell you it won't help. I am so sorry you are going threw this . Best of luck and don't give up

Kind of slow on posting that. Got inturupted earlier so, kinda doesn't follow where you left off last ;) but still good luck !

UPDATE: so I believe this is all my fault. The reason she is sleeping that is. Came to 2 conclusions. First is that I had to patch her cage up with some regular screen temporarily untill I could get a new enclosure because of the move we damaged 1 out of 4 cages. I think the crickets have been chewing on that stuff and caused her to be ill. Can this cause her to be ill? I removed the screen.
Second reason could be, and I'm hoping that this is really the reason and not the screen poisioning, but it could be from lack of sleep at night. I feel awful about this but I decided to sit in the closet with my chammies the other night and decided to shut myself in the closet with them. A flood if light from the crack of the door beams right into miff's cage!! And at 4 am she was bright eyed and bushy tailed. I quickly fixed the problem but it's been happening with out my knowledge for about a week. Could this be the cause?? Please help she is still sleeping a lot during the day :'( sooo angry with myself

Back
Top Bottom