Veiled vs 🐆

Alex_Boris

Hi! I have a veiled Cham. Now I’m looking to get panther as well. I guess my main question is how much harder to care for Panther? I live in central Florida, my veiled most of the year lives in outside enclosure. When I got veiled 3 years ago I read that they are easiest of them all :) who had/ have both and can give pros/cons.
Thank you

Hi. :) I too live in central FL and have had both panther and veiled. I keep mine inside though. I kept all of mine the same. I did have to find a compromise on the humidity as ideal range for veileds is 30-50% and panthers is 50-70%. The only other significant difference is that panthers grow a bit slower than veileds.

Your panther will probably tolerate you or kinda like you while your veiled is always plotting your death! 😜 I have a panther who’s very social but they are not all that way. I say go for it! Husbandry is very similar, so if you can handle a veiled a panther should be good as well. 😊

Any recommendations on where is better to by panther? Bought me veiled from breeder in Florida. I know there is a reptile expo coming in town soon.

I’d be hesitant to buy a chameleon from a reptile show. You really aren’t able to vet the breeder or know what kind of support they’ll provide later if needed. With one of the breeders mentioned above, they have worked hard not just to produce truly beautiful and healthy lines of chams, but also to have a strong and positive reputation for excellent service.

I’d be hesitant to buy a chameleon from a reptile show. You really aren’t able to vet the breeder or know what kind of support they’ll provide later if needed. With one of the breeders mentioned above, they have worked hard not just to produce truly beautiful and healthy lines of chams, but also to have a strong and positive reputation for excellent service.
Your Cham on the pic is beautiful. What is his bloodline? I really love the colors

I guess I need to make more research on habitat as well, if panther needs no humidity which Florida offers plenty of that but the temperatures are high, I guess fall- spring will be the best time to let Cham live outside? I really want them to enjoy an outside, I guess to feel more close to nature lol and get their vit d naturally from sun rather artificial lamp. Here is my outside enclosure that is separated for two. One that has lots of plants occupied by veiled most of the year unless super hot/ cold and hurricane season. So the second part I would love to fill with plants and use it for panther.

Attachments

• IMG_9168.jpeg
    IMG_9168.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9169.jpeg
    IMG_9169.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 41
Your Cham on the pic is beautiful. What is his bloodline? I really love the colors
Thank you. I have no idea of his line or even where he came from. A young man was looking to rehome him and I had space. He was beautiful and the sweetest chameleon. I absolutely adored him. Unfortunately he passed away a month ago - kidney failure after a period of infection and general decline. 😢

Thank you. I have no idea of his line or even where he came from. A young man was looking to rehome him and I had space. He was beautiful and the sweetest chameleon. I absolutely adored him. Unfortunately he passed away a month ago - kidney failure after a period of infection and general decline. 😢
Oh no. I’m sorry to hear it. It is hard when the leave us 😔

With husbandry of veiled and panthers being so close I think you could pull it off with unique thinking and bringing the panther inside if it gets too hot or humid for a bit during the day. Your space is beautiful and a panther and some plants will make it more beautiful! Your veiled is a lucky one. We live in the northeast so my guy only gets time outside in spring, fall and summer when we take him out. If I lived in warm climate I’d probably have 12 chameleons. Lol such amazing little creatures.

With husbandry of veiled and panthers being so close I think you could pull it off with unique thinking and bringing the panther inside if it gets too hot or humid for a bit during the day. Your space is beautiful and a panther and some plants will make it more beautiful! Your veiled is a lucky one. We live in the northeast so my guy only gets time outside in spring, fall and summer when we take him out. If I lived in warm climate I’d probably have 12 chameleons. Lol such amazing little creatures.
Yea, my Cham is loving it. Every time when I see him basking on the sun- just brings me joy. Plus saves my electric bill 😅 I saw some cool panthers from advised breeders, just not any available at the moment. So I have enough time to prep a living home for a little guy once become available :)

Back
Top Bottom