Pros vs Cons of Spaying a Female Chameleon

I agree with jannb. Unless you have decided to let her pass over the rainbow. And the vet should fo it for max 1/2 that price since it's a huge learning curve for her/him. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision. How is she today?
She is still doing fine. She still wants to eat and is taking the laxative and liquid calcium just fine. Hasn't really changed much with her lower half but it still turns pale when she is sleeping. She wanted to try and climb into her big cage, but I am still keeping her in her hospital bin right now. She really acts like nothing is wrong even when she falls over LOL. I'm going to give her a little bit of the pain medicine to see if anything changes. She's got a fighting spirit!

1300-1500 seems pretty good to me. I mean I just paid 900 just to remove two baby teeth for my dog that would not fall out. And that was not even under full anesthesia. lol

I think you do have a very small window to do it though. You want to do it before she goes into full decline and stops eating.
Oh bother we had to have 5 teeth removed from our 5yo dog earlier this year and it was around $2k :p after a $500-700 estimate but it turned out to be way worse lol! Most expensive free dog :D

I gave her the next round of her antibiotics today. I'm glad I'm only afraid of needles going into me and not other creatures!! She was again way more well-behaved than I'd expect from your average chameleon.

She seems to already have better grip strength in her back legs and tail. The dark color has gone down/gotten paler during the day now. She's still eating and drinking normally. Maybe she can lay those eggs and get through this without surgery!! She's still getting some extra liquid calcium with her bugs and doesn't really seem in much pain, but I'm still following the vet's instructions of giving her the low dosage pain meds.

She hasn't been closing her eyes at all during the day so I'm not giving up hope on her pulling through this. :)

I gave her the next round of her antibiotics today. I'm glad I'm only afraid of needles going into me and not other creatures!! She was again way more well-behaved than I'd expect from your average chameleon.

She seems to already have better grip strength in her back legs and tail. The dark color has gone down/gotten paler during the day now. She's still eating and drinking normally. Maybe she can lay those eggs and get through this without surgery!! She's still getting some extra liquid calcium with her bugs and doesn't really seem in much pain, but I'm still following the vet's instructions of giving her the low dosage pain meds.

She hasn't been closing her eyes at all during the day so I'm not giving up hope on her pulling through this. :)
So happy to hear this!

Back
Top Bottom