Veiled "surprise" coupling!

hannagrrl

So, we have a "half/half" cage setup. Our male and female are separated by a pretty fair amount of screening and zipties, but apparently today there was a "security breech". Upon arriving home from shopping for more crickets, we found the male in the female's area - and SURPRISE! ..... well, it was only a matter of time, I suppose.
Now, we've already done some preliminary research from before when we initially were deciding whether or not we were going to eventually breed them, plus when we found out we had a female, we knew there was a lot to prepare for... but now I guess that day is today.
Yay?
....It's a wonder we didn't hear any Barry White from the hallway. :p

I have 2 chams male viel about 10 months old and female panther 8 months , the cages is next to each other and I had to put a blind up because marley the male would get excited ( moving all over the cage) sence I put up blind he has calmed down , I asked before about different species vield and panthers mating but no one can up with a good answer ,,, I am not taking a chance with them mating I keep them separated even when they free roaming

Ziggy is displaying gravid coloration, seemingly antagonizing (acting territorial?) to the male, and seems significantly chubbier than she did last week.... I'm guessing she's expecting!
I'm betting those eggs are fertilized, too. Sigh. We're not ready for this! lol
But seriously, how hard is going to be when we realize that we can't incubate/raise those little guys?

Back
Top Bottom