veiled chameleon tank

i do love that pick of that jack jack. but yah the picture is SOO saturated and enhanced/enriched in color, it should be more like yellows, blacks and dark greens/ really light blues.

Great picuture of the jackson.. but if that is what you think you will end up with, you are going to be quite dissapointed. I owned jacksons for years, and only saw 1 alternate coloration that the standard green/yellows and it was a "red phase" female that was gravid.

Anyways, nice photo work on that, sure would be something else if those were common and actually what they looked like.

i didnt take that pic but thanks anyway. but what im really here to say is i got my new crested gecko!!!!! shes a harlequin thats an adolescent. the only question i have for anyone who owns a crested gecko is that shes not eating crickets but i mixed some crested gecko diet in a soda cap and left it in the tank. but ive only had her for like an hour so maybe she just needs time to get adjusted.

i didnt take that pic but thanks anyway. but what im really here to say is i got my new crested gecko!!!!! shes a harlequin thats an adolescent. the only question i have for anyone who owns a crested gecko is that shes not eating crickets but i mixed some crested gecko diet in a soda cap and left it in the tank. but ive only had her for like an hour so maybe she just needs time to get adjusted.

Congrats! She will take some time to adjust- they are mostly nocturnal so she will come out and eat at night. Mist her daily at least- they really enjoy live plants like bromelieads and pothos.

Enjoy the crested gecko ! Ive never met a Gecko that wanted to bite me (Ive met several chameleons who did!)

Have you ever held a Tokay? I had one in college, I was trying to get it out of the tank to do some cleaning, that sucker bit me so bad! I just let him live in our dorm room! He lived behind the posters all year! Sometimes we would hear him barking, the girls always got freaked out by that! We left him there when we moved out, I am sure the new guys didnt appreciate that!

Give her time lolz and watch those crickets they can do some damage to your new crestie if left in to long ^-^ maybe try and get a larger flat dish for the Crested Gecko diet mine like the bannana, apple, cherry baby food....mist alot thats how they drink usually is the drops off plants... make sure you have some good hides to... their some awesome pets!!

Have you ever held a Tokay? I had one in college, I was trying to get it out of the tank to do some cleaning, that sucker bit me so bad! I just let him live in our dorm room! He lived behind the posters all year! Sometimes we would hear him barking, the girls always got freaked out by that! We left him there when we moved out, I am sure the new guys didnt appreciate that!

you left it?! I have one yes they bite but you should have known that before you got it they are sensitive and the next roomie might have killed it!! you can catch them with a simple fish net and towel...... :mad::mad:

Wow.
That's animal cruelty in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it.
VERY poor choice on your part.

-Brad

Give her time lolz and watch those crickets they can do some damage to your new crestie if left in to long ^-^ maybe try and get a larger flat dish for the Crested Gecko diet mine like the bannana, apple, cherry baby food....mist alot thats how they drink usually is the drops off plants... make sure you have some good hides to... their some awesome pets!!

yea i bought peach baby food today but i just fed her last night with some mashed up bananas which she seemed to enjoy. she ate for like a minute straight just out of the cap. and yea i will go get a dish prob to put her food in. ive misted her tank like crazy so i know thta she has enough water to drink. i mist the heaviest where she is at the time but im very careful not to get her wet. she was climbing on the lid of the tank today which was funny. she still hasnt eaten any of the crickets and thers about five in the tank but i have a spot without plants where they usually hang out so i dont think theyll hurt her. i have another quick question. since they have no eyelids they sleep with their eyes open right?? oh and should i maybe consider getting a fountain for her to drink from too?

yea i bought peach baby food today but i just fed her last night with some mashed up bananas which she seemed to enjoy. she ate for like a minute straight just out of the cap. and yea i will go get a dish prob to put her food in. ive misted her tank like crazy so i know thta she has enough water to drink. i mist the heaviest where she is at the time but im very careful not to get her wet. she was climbing on the lid of the tank today which was funny. she still hasnt eaten any of the crickets and thers about five in the tank but i have a spot without plants where they usually hang out so i dont think theyll hurt her. i have another quick question. since they have no eyelids they sleep with their eyes open right?? oh and should i maybe consider getting a fountain for her to drink from too?
Ide personally just keep up withe the misting the water could get nasty fast in a fountain causing a health hazard and she probably wouldnt use it we mist ours 4-5 times a day yes she will sleep with her eyes open her pupil will adjusts depending on the light and how much she wants to let in..

hey thanx. i have another question. ive been trying to feed her but she doesnt want to eat. this is the third day ive had her and shes only accepted food from me once that i know of. i fed her mashed bananas and she like those it seemed but i bought peach baby food thaty i have been mixing with calcium powder and she doesnt want to eat it. when i put it close to her mouth she turns her head away. what should i do?

hey thanx. i have another question. ive been trying to feed her but she doesnt want to eat. this is the third day ive had her and shes only accepted food from me once that i know of. i fed her mashed bananas and she like those it seemed but i bought peach baby food thaty i have been mixing with calcium powder and she doesnt want to eat it. when i put it close to her mouth she turns her head away. what should i do?
what substrate is she on.. here come to this forum a couple ppl like jblaza breed them and would know alot more than me on this http://www.southtexasreptiles.com/strforum/index.php make sure to introduce yourself on the new member thread then post everything youve told me plus her enclosure layout and all that youve done so far my sn is the same on there also

Back
Top Bottom