uvb recomendations

I was just curious what others thought are the best uvb bulbs for the price out there. I know this can get expensive with several chameleons of different ages, especially having to change them every 4-6 months. They get plenty of natural sun too in warm months but recently started seeing some early signs of mbd in a nosy be I have. First time I've had this happen and need to ensure it never does again.

Many people like arcadia bulbs (light your reptiles) personally I have a reptisun and it does its job! I like it

12% Arcadia if the cage is 48 inches or taller with good bit of foliage and 6% for any smaller I have tonsof foliage in my cages and I use 12% on a 36 inch one also. It's all about preference Arcadia last about 9 months to a year and reptisun last 5 to 6 months I use a uvb meter 6.2 solarmeter to check them once a week and when it drops a bit I change them. LYR is the best place to get lights I get all of mine through them

+1 on Arcadia! I personally use the 6% bulb on my XL Reptibreeze with no issues at all, and change them out every 12 months. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of symptoms did you see from your nosy be? Also, how old is the chameleon?

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I'm going to go with arcadia. I recently switched to mercury vapor to try them out and even after adjustments, I do not really like what I'm seeing.. All my chameleons are looking darker and less healthy I'm appearance. I'm not sure they like them and ive heard of a few reptiles like chuckwallas even refusing to bask under them. Hes about 10 months. Just limb movements not as sure, grabbing his own on occasion while moving on me. Lack of normal appetite. Nothing major yet thankfully.

I just order a new quad light from Todd at LightYourReptiles.com. He is so super helpful and will tell you the best that you need for your encloser

Back
Top Bottom