URI

sylvr

Hey guys, so my little guy had his first trip to the vet today and she said she thought he might have a minor URI however when they brought his treatment plan in it was too much for me so I told her to just administer what he really needs and she just gave him fluids and assist feeding. Is there anyway/chance that his URI might go away by itself ?

If there is an infection (and we don't have enough info to even tell you that...what were the symptoms and what tests did she do?), the vet should have done a sensitivity culture to determine what bacteria was causing the problem and prescribe a course of antibiotics to fight it. If you don't do anything the infection can become resistant, can spread, and kill your cham. It kind of sounds as if your vet isn't very experienced with chams so I would get a second opinion. Is your cham eating, drinking, basking and behaving normally? If so, maybe there isn't a URI at all.

I'm a little confused what do you mean by it was a little too much for you what was she wanting to do? If she was wanting to give you antibiotics for his URI them maybe you should take her advise. I think just hoping your cham will get better on his own with a URI is taking an awful huge, and futile risk with his life. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom