Trouble with targeting his tongue

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Eustis is having trouble targeting his bugs I noticed today. He kept missing and he finally just walked over to my hand and took the silk worm with his mouth. I replaced his Arcadia 6% uvb bulb last June so it should still be good. He gets reptivite with D3 once a month so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’m worried, any advice is welcome. I’m going to check the uvb with one of those uvb cards here shortly.
@JacksJill @Sonny13

Last edited:
Well I checked his UVB bulb with one of those uvb testing cards and it turned pink so I’m assuming it’s working. The card said if it didn’t show any color that the bulb wasn’t good anymore. So I’m stumped!

Ok, good to know about the uvb cards. Maybe I will just go ahead and replace the uvb bulb and see if that helps. The reptivite is good until the 24th of April this year but I think I will replace that as well and get a fresh bottle. I never thought of checking the expiration date. Unfortunately there is no way I can afford a solar meter. Thanks Beman!

Ok, good to know about the uvb cards. Maybe I will just go ahead and replace the uvb bulb and see if that helps. The reptivite is good until the 24th of April this year but I think I will replace that as well and get a fresh bottle. I never thought of checking the expiration date. Unfortunately there is no way I can afford a solar meter. Thanks Beman!
Try the repashy Calcium plus LoD version. The levels in this one are much more suitable than the reptivite with D3. It also does not have added phosphorous like reptivite does.

Does the rep ashy calcium plus LoD have preformed vitamin A n it and is there D3 in it? The reason I chose reptivite with D3 was for the D3 and the preformed vit A. It’s been fine for 3 years but I’m all for trying something that’s better since I have to buy a new bottle anyway.
For his daily calcium I use repticalcium without D3.

Does the rep ashy calcium plus LoD have preformed vitamin A n it and is there D3 in it? The reason I chose reptivite with D3 was for the D3 and the preformed vit A. It’s been fine for 3 years but I’m all for trying something that’s better since I have to buy a new bottle anyway.
Yes it does. I used the reptivite for a year and switched to the repashy. It sticks to the bugs soooo much better. My guy was having an eye issue and I switched to see if it would help. It solved the problem. I think he wasn’t getting enough vitamin a because the reptivite never stuck to the bugs well.

Yes it does. I used the reptivite for a year and switched to the repashy. It sticks to the bugs soooo much better. My guy was having an eye issue and I switched to see if it would help. It solved the problem. I think he wasn’t getting enough vitamin a because the reptivite never stuck to the bugs well.
Ok, where can I get it?

I just read the ingredients of the repashy loD and I don’t see any preformed vitamin A, only carotenoids. I also didn’t see vitamin D3 unless I’m not reading the ingredients correctly.

I also forgot to mention my guy is a Jackson’s xanth so he can be very sensitive to supplements. I have to be very careful.

Eustis is having trouble targeting his bugs I noticed today. He kept missing and he finally just walked over to my hand and took the silk worm with his mouth. I replaced his Arcadia 6% uvb bulb last June so it should still be good. He gets reptivite with D3 once a month so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’m worried, any advice is welcome. I’m going to check the uvb with one of those uvb cards here shortly.
@JacksJill @Sonny13
Sorry, never got the notification. I've once witnessed the same issue with Sonny, he couldn't hit his target, always too short of reach. And I'm really thinking about how I fixed it and I truly belief I gave him some extra vitamins, but I'm not sure at the moment. One thing I'm convinced about is that it isn't your UVB but more supplementation related. It won't surprise if next would a swelling eye turret, because the mis shooting isn't a tongue issue but eye issue and that's again supplements. Or did you accidentally issued more Reptivite his last feeding? I find it always difficult if it's overdosing or shortage.

Well I checked his UVB bulb with one of those uvb testing cards and it turned pink so I’m assuming it’s working. The card said if it didn’t show any color that the bulb wasn’t good anymore. So I’m stumped!
The card will only give you verification that the bulb works. The darker the color and faster it colours the stronger the radiation is.

Yes, it is a complete multivitamin with A and D3 which is why I suggested it to replace the reptivite with D3. But the levels are better in it and they do not add phosphorus. It is a very fine powder unlike reptivite.
You can keep using the reptical for calcium. I prefer the repashy supercal NoD I prefer the texture of this one and that it does not turn insects into powdered donuts. It is a pure calcium without D3 and without phosphorus.

Sorry, never got the notification. I've once witnessed the same issue with Sonny, he couldn't hit his target, always too short of reach. And I'm really thinking about how I fixed it and I truly belief I gave him some extra vitamins, but I'm not sure at the moment. One thing I'm convinced about is that it isn't your UVB but more supplementation related. It won't surprise if next would a swelling eye turret, because the mis shooting isn't a tongue issue but eye issue and that's again supplements. Or did you accidentally issued more Reptivite his last feeding? I find it always difficult if it's overdosing or shortage.
Thank you Sonny! I’ve taken everyone’s advice and ordered the repashy calcium LoD and we will see if it helps.😊

Hi, the uvb cards are not useful at all. A uvb meter is the best way to measure uvb. Previous responses regarding supplements are great.

Eustis now has a bright shiny new Arcadia 6% uvb bulb and mom has a bright shiny new solarmeter6.5R! Also, I’ve switched from reptivite to Repashy lod so my question is how long will it take for him to be targeting correctly with his tongue?

Eustis now has a bright shiny new Arcadia 6% uvb bulb and mom has a bright shiny new solarmeter6.5R! Also, I’ve switched from reptivite to Repashy lod so my question is how long will it take for him to be targeting correctly with his tongue?
My understanding is quite some time. Probably weeks or months. My chameleon had expired supplements and I think I am maybe starting to see improvements after several weeks but it's not by much.

My understanding is quite some time. Probably weeks or months. My chameleon had expired supplements and I think I am maybe starting to see improvements after several weeks but it's not by much.
Ok, thank you. I’ve only given Eustis the repashy lod at the end of last month and he only gets it once a month because he’s a Jackson’s so I guess it will be even longer for him.😟

Back
Top Bottom