Trioceros johnstoni bwindi

I didn't get to unbox my pair (work sucks), they were place in their free ranges to de-stress. Here's the pics.
full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Todnedo, I love how you have your free range set up. Did you make the box at the bottom? Your new additions are gorgeous. :)

You got the bad *** male hoe! I wanted to keep him so bad lol
That female johnstons looks like shes about to shed too and the male is already beautiful!

That's a damn nice hoe. I've been kicking myself for not getting a pair since I saw that first pic of him. Looooooove him!

Talk about some real eye candy!!! Those guys are just beautiful. How lucky you guys are. I also love the base for the free range. I still remember the wonderful indoor parsonii cage you made.

Congrats, both Steve's.

I see all Bwindi's nobody took Rwenzori?

I did... hopefully some others did, I'm going to need some blood eventually!

I honestly think Rwenzori is the better looking of the locales so I was surprised so many Bwindi were sold...

I must say, I am pretty jealous of the Virunga pair. Too bad that's the only pair here.

I did... hopefully some others did, I'm going to need some blood eventually!

I honestly think Rwenzori is the better looking of the locales so I was surprised so many Bwindi were sold...

I must say, I am pretty jealous of the Virunga pair. Too bad that's the only pair here.

I like both forms,Virunga is exceptional because of the size.
Next week is Wildlife meeting in Uganda and a scientific team will make a decision if quota's will be given(W/F/CB) or..... nothing:( wait and see i guess

Day number 3 started out good!

My male Virunga (Darrell Johnstoni)'s first few days were spent out on his basking branch eating and drinking but black in coloration. His colors started showing today! He does this cute resting lean where he uses those antlers to hold him on a branch.
e8azynu6.jpg

My female Virunga is gorgeous and has been from day1. She has a bright yellow nose that is sooo awesome. She is still as big as a house! She alternates from her basking to sleeping branches through the day. I got a fresh poo from here that was super white! The poo is on its way to the vet in an hour.

My male Bwindi (Magic Johnstoni) has had a rough couple of days. He stayed hidden until this morning. He was basking bright and early this morning! I got a fresh poo from him too! He looks like he is getting ready to shed.

asavagub.jpg

My female bwindi is the prettiest so far. Her colors are amazing. She spent the first two days hiding but is now basking.

3upuhetu.jpg

ybebuduz.jpg

They all look very nice Jason,i'm really glad they end up in your hands:)
They need some days to acclimatise and colors will go way brighter in the upcoming days/weeks.
Very good you do a check for parasites ,i advice this to all the new keepers.
Can you house them outside like Paul(the best for the animals)or is it freezing in your area?
I would go for a 1000%trying to breed the giants you have the only pair in the US and the only chance to breed them.
Do you think the Virunga female is gravid(you can do an echo to see if she got eggs or not.
If not i would introduce the female to the male in lets say 10 days or so.
Bwindi female looks fantastic one of the most colorful once i have seen so far.
Good luck with them ;)

Thank you Jurgen! I'm still nervous about having them outside full time as it's still in the 40s (5) at night and high of 65 (18) during the day. I could move them in and out but i think they are still too stressed right now.

The Virunga female is most definitely gravid. Do you know if the father is my Virunga male or is there a chance that she was breed with a bwindi/Rwenzori? That would be quite a battle for a Bwindi/Rwenzori considering that she is bigger than they are.

Jason

They all look very nice Jason,i'm really glad they end up in your hands:)
They need some days to acclimatise and colors will go way brighter in the upcoming days/weeks.
Very good you do a check for parasites ,i advice this to all the new keepers.
Can you house them outside like Paul(the best for the animals)or is it freezing in your area?
I would go for a 1000%trying to breed the giants you have the only pair in the US and the only chance to breed them.
Do you think the Virunga female is gravid(you can do an echo to see if she got eggs or not.
If not i would introduce the female to the male in lets say 10 days or so.
Bwindi female looks fantastic one of the most colorful once i have seen so far.
Good luck with them ;)

Thank you Jurgen! I'm still nervous about having them outside full time as it's still in the 40s (5) at night and high of 65 (18) during the day. I could move them in and out but i think they are still too stressed right now.

The Virunga female is most definitely gravid. Do you know if the father is my Virunga male or is there a chance that she was breed with a bwindi/Rwenzori? That would be quite a battle for a Bwindi/Rwenzori considering that she is bigger than they are.

Jason

You have a 100%pure Virunga pair(you see the size difference)and a pure Bwindi pair.
I would not cross them and keep the ssp pure.

The Johnstoni seem to be slowly settling in. I'm happy with everything but their eating. They don't seem to want crickets. They eat bb flies but those are a weekly snack. I'm trying roaches today. I'm ordering silkys.

The virunga male likes to bask all day. He sleeps on a lower branch.
5e6a4amu.jpg

The Bwindi female is shedding. Does she look like she has eggs? I see bumps.

6e4ypuqu.jpg

ara9edu7.jpg

My male bwindi really likes the bottom of his cage. He moves around a lot.
pu3a2uta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom