Tomato hornworms

AFH

Avid Member
I have a friend at work who has a ton of hornworms that are eating her tomato plants. She'd be happy to collect some for me, but somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that you can't use hornworms that eat tomato plants because the plants are toxic.

Can someone confirm this?

If you have the patience, find the moths, breed them, save the eggs, etc. (?????, Profit!)

Yeah I bought hornworms to try out. They came pretty skinny and shorter than a superworm. After a week the 5 that I had left were gigantic. Literally only a big 1+ year Panther male could eat it and probably only if your guy can be hand fed. I thought they were pretty expensive paying $10 for 10 of them, but they come in their own habitat with their own food. They are very cool. So soft and juicy as hell. They double in size almost everyday. You would never be able to feed them your own food because they wouldn't live long enough in the worm stage. I never seen them change to moth, but that would be one gigantic moth. They get thicker than a huge night crawler.

Back
Top Bottom