Todays success

Are they babies. Baby veileds are sooo cute. Also, pics MUST be shown, lol. I see you are new to the forums. Ate they your first chams? Good luck anyways! I hope they turn put beautiful and welcome to the forums.

The female is a baby, the only male baby they had didn't look so hot. So they Gabe me a 6 month old for same price

The male doesn't seem to like the ride home lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365269511008.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365269511008.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 95
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365269543397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365269543397.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 90
Yep, my buddy and I were the first ones there! Wanted to get the first pick at their stock. It was my first expo so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I thought it was amazing. Its incredible to be able to talk to others who have done it themselves and compare ideas. They had a pretty vast selection imo

Finally got them in their new home

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365279642910.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365279642910.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 85
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365279653772.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365279653772.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 143
are they sharing a cage? at the size of the male, they need to be in seperate cages. its okay for babies to share cages when they are pretty young but he is a lot larger then her. sharing a cage at this age will cause serious stress on both of them, one will become dominant and can injure the other as well as take all of the food. its highly recommended to have them in seperate cages from at least 3 months on as chameleons are highly territorial!

also, they are both gorgeous! congrats on your new friends!!

also, do either of them have a small bump on the back heels of the rear feet? this is how you tell if it is a male, it is called a spur. if it has a spur, it is male. im asking because the larger one has a very small casque which is generally a sign of a female :) i will attach a pic of a spur to demonstrate! this pic is from our veiled chameleon caresheet! https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Attachments

• veiled_slide3.jpg
    veiled_slide3.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 79
The larger one actually has spurs, and a larger casque relative to his size. ATM they are sharing a 2x2x4 enclosure until I see it not working. If need be I can separate me cage into 2.

Regardless of the sex of either cham, they need their own separate cages, and also should not be able to see each other. You most likely won't notice them not getting along - what will happen is the larger one will hog all the food, water and basking spots. Good luck with your new little ones!

I've been monitoring them since I put them in, both have eaten several crickets and are drinking water. You may very well be right, but I'm gonna give it a shot incase it works.

you say you go to work everyday? Are you monitoring their behavior when you are not there? Trust us when we say to separate them. On very RARE occasions they can cohabitate but seeing that you have a male and female it is even worse. You think everything is fine until one day you fine one of your chams very sick. They often mask their illness until they are in bad shape.

I'm about to go change the cage over to two separate enclosures. The odd thing I see is the female (smaller) is always bright green, while the male is a but darker. He only flares up tho when I try to get him out to clean or shower

I wasn't able to separate them yet, but came home to both bright as can be. Even both eating around each other. Maybe I'm lucky

Carol it's a very talented person at this I'd heed her advice I had my females living in a large free range for almost a year when all the sudden one female literally chased the other out and onto the floor, like I said this was in a huge free range too. Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom