This Old Man.....

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
TianLong, wild-caught Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis imported December 2014 as a fully mature, possibly older male. He's starting to really show his age and it doesn't look pretty on a battered up old wild caught.

I loaned TianLong to another breeder for almost two years and he came back to me this spring. He never was an easy keeper, and was not doing as well as I had hoped he would be. A round of Panacur helped him tremendously. He must have developed some kind of infection in his horns because they have broken off and mostly died. But, he's gained a bit of weight and strength since he came back. I think I got a breeding from him and another of my original wild caught females. I can only hope.

TianLong has the biggest sail fin I've ever seen on a quad, but he never took good pictures so I rarely posted pictures of him. He's never been a very nice color. He has a very prominent brow ridge so at the best of times his eyes look sunken in. If I so much as look in his general direction, he pulls his eyes in making it all the worse.

So, here is my old man, TianLong. First two pictures taken today. Last picture taken about six or seven months after import so you can see, yes, he really did have a lovely set of horns. @bobcochran

20170917_133119.jpg

20170917_132815.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

He's definitely looking like an old man, still looks healthy though considering how fast chams go downhill.

Back
Top Bottom