the new format

robmd1

Avid Member
How is everyone Liking the new format? it def taking some getting use to especially the pm's , I just think it takes alil getting use to .. it would be cool if they brought Chat back

Chat would be nice. We played with the old chat a few months back - it was fun the few nights we did it. Reminded me of the old days in the mid 90s staying up late on Yahoo chats :)

I wish you had more time to edit. If I'm searching for articles to post I now have to post every one separately.

What is the limit for editing? I do like to add to a post once in a while, but haven't actually tried recently except for right away.

I haven't actually used the chat features before, but that's probably due to the fact that it takes me forever to text. I'm a "grammatically correct" texter and it would take too long to respond. You guys would be two topics ahead of me:ROFLMAO:.

5 mins is the time limit if remember. I don't like it. I'm always in a rush and or multitasking and I tend to leave out words and misspell a lot. I then notice it later, whenever that is and I like to correct it if I can. For clarity and my own sanity. :cool: Plus it has it's uses like adding to a post, say for additional information instead making the thread longer and more cluttered. A certain member here just keeps adding replies to said members own thread and it drove/drives me nuts. Now this member has an excuse. ;)

There's also this new great feature called "ignore" which will mute a individual member. You don't see their threads, posts, or name except for a tiny note that says "Show ignored content?" I've used it with much success. :D

5 mins is the time limit if remember.

I just looked back and am able to edit at least 15 minutes later, so I'm still not sure of the limitations on this.
Now I see one for 40 minutes, so there is some room for edits. Not sure if @Brad might know the limits for this.

Last edited:
How is everyone Liking the new format? it def taking some getting use to especially the pm's , I just think it takes alil getting use to .. it would be cool if they brought Chat back
I would like to bring the live chat room back but our to-do list is full for the next several weeks.

I wish you had more time to edit. If I'm searching for articles to post I now have to post every one separately.
I just looked back and am able to edit at least 15 minutes later, so I'm still not sure of the limitations on this.
Now I see one for 40 minutes, so there is some room for edits. Not sure if @Brad might know the limits for this.
We changed the setting to 1 hour yesterday but as Trace said that may change. The limit for new members will likely be lower to help deal with spam issues.

I would like to bring the live chat room back but our to-do list is full for the next several weeks.

No worries, I'm sure "chat" is very low on the list of priorities. Since I haven't said in at least a week - thank you to everyone who has worked/is working on the site rebuild!

Not really a big issue, but a bit annoying IMO (sorry lol). It says there are 22xx new posts and I'm not sure how to bring that number down other than going through every topic and posts for the last 10 pages.

If you click on the menu and go to forums there's a tab that says mark all forums read. Click that and it will ask you to confirm. At first I thought I was never going to get through all the messages but then I saw that.

And for those of you still using a desktop; it is here:

MFR.png

Back
Top Bottom