Thanks to Kent!!!!

Cainschams

This lovely female should be arriving at my door tomorrow morning. I have to steal Kents pics:eek: he sent me because I dont know the next I will have a camera will be and I am just too EXCITED not to post this up RIGHT NOW:D

Kent was going down to LLL to check on some things and while he was there he picked up this girl and told me it was mine if I wanted it. Of course I couldnt say no:) She looks very good, is eating great (handfeeding) and is very ROUND. Her coloration also points toward her being gravid:D Kents taken care of her very well the past couple days and I cant say how much I appreciate him "hookin a brotha up"!!!!!!

Thanks again Kent, your the man!!!

DSCF7885.jpg

A good one of her fat little tummy:D
DSCF7887.jpg

Are they hard to breed?
Someone is selling WC that are Gravid on Kingsnake, they don't show pictures of them though.

Hey! I was about to send a pm but thought I'd check the new threads first. Lol.... She is indeed on her way. She was hanging out low in the cage a lot yesterday so I filled the bottom with soil but she didn't dig. Looks like she'll lay soon, though. Ok, I'll send the pm with tracking # in a sec...

Are they hard to breed?
Someone is selling WC that are Gravid on Kingsnake, they don't show pictures of them though.

Im not sure, I havent tried. I got a WC pair last year and the female was gravid. Thats how I have the 6 CH now. If your interested in the bumpy process just go to the Kinyongia section of the forum and you will find my threads. It wont take long because there isnt a lot of threads in the section;)

Kent, Ive got her all set up to do her thing whenever she likes as soon as she gets here. Hahaha, I feel like a kid on christmas eve:D Thanks again!

Safe and sound!

Just got her unpacked and she is drinking like a fish! Definatly going to lay VERY soon too:D The packaging was great Kent!!!! Thanks again!!! Ill keep everyone posted on her.

Double post

Kent!!!! Looks like you might have been digging up some eggs if you would have kept her any longer!! She drank like a fish for a few and then went up and basked for about 10 minutes. I went back upstairs to give her a little extra misting and while I was doing that she slowly made her way down to the bin. Cage is covered and she is digging away!!!:D Looks like I will be digging up eggs after I get back from a big show in Baltimore tonight!

Wow! I told ya something was going on there, haha. I can't wait to see the follow up when you get home....

Hahaha Spoke too soon:rolleyes: Im good at that sometimes. However, I believe whats going to happen is going to happen whether you say something or not.;)

Linkin, I dont peek on my females when they are laying. Once I notice them about to lay or laying I cover the enclosure and dont look in untill right befor lights go off.

Kent, still no eggs. Looks like she has just been wanting to scratch away a layer of soil and then stop. She has done it in a couple spots. Im not worried yet. She is still very healthy looking. I will see if she does her thing tomorrow. If not I will take the bin out tomorrow night and re mix it to make sure everything seems right with it. I may add a couple little ficus trees in there or some pothos cuttings I have.

Is this a CB or WC from LLL?

She is WC. Im not sure if LLL does any breeding with any species. Someone correct me if I am wrong. My assumption:eek: is that anything that is CB from them iwas produced by someone else and they bought the clutch or a lot from them. I would say this is why they dont show sires of veileds or panthers or line data.

Also I dont think there are many people working with them and I have never seen CB or CH for sale. I know Mike from FLchams has hatched them out. Im not sure if they where CB or CH. It also says in The Chameleon Handbook that this species has been bred successfully in Germany. These guys are definatly underrated. They are somewhat shy and pissy but they are a treat to watch. They are very quick little boogers and always very very active. Even though they are small its recommended and I would also recommend no smaller than a 2x2x3 cage VERY WELL PLANTED since they are shy and nervous.

10 eggs

The little girl finally decided it was time to do her thing today. She started the big dig around noon today and ended sometime:rolleyes: I got home from practice around midnight:cool: :rolleyes: She layed them about 4 to 5 inches down in the bin. The last female I had layed "shallow" too. I highly doubt they lay that shallow in the wild? Im thinking both females were/are just "tired" from being what they have been through:eek: The female is flat as a pancake, time for some TLC and maybe a tummy tuck hahaha. The eggs look like the last ones when they were first layed. They arent pearly white like the panther eggs but they also arent nasty yellow. Time will tell:eek:

Kent, I cant thank you enough!

Right on! So how many were there? I'm sure glad I stumbled across that girl when I did!

10 eggs:D I am glad you did too!!! I was going to see about snagging another gravid female from the ones offered on kingsnake but there arent anymore available:( Hopefully all goes well with these eggs!

Back
Top Bottom