Ta hell is this???

stalincat

Found this on the bottom of Ripley's enclosure today. Any idea what the hell is that?
It's quite small, maybe 4mm (0.15inch) in diameter and well dead.
Is it a parasite or some long-dead inhabitant of her wooden branches? Kinda looks like a wee millipede

Attachments

• rsz_worm.jpg
    rsz_worm.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 209
i had quite a few of those in the cricket order i got from Mulberry Farms. didn't end up feeding them to Azul because i wasn't sure they would be ok with it.. i've been kinda curious what they are and if they're ok to feed though.

it's definitely a millipede. millipedes are never venomous like centipedes are, so even if was alive in your cage it probably wouldn't be a problem. my understanding is they eat mostly vegetation, my friend kept millipedes for a while and fed hers a lot of broccoli.

Thanks guys!
I thought for a moment that it is some vicious parasite. But it seems I have nothing to worry about. For now ha

it's definitely a millipede. millipedes are never venomous like centipedes are, so even if was alive in your cage it probably wouldn't be a problem. my understanding is they eat mostly vegetation, my friend kept millipedes for a while and fed hers a lot of broccoli.

They are not Venomous , but they are poisonous. Some secrete cyanide. Someone had a test where they took a few outside to try to feed some wild anole lizards and they ran over, grabbed it then dropped it. As if they knew better, or got a bad taste.

They are not Venomous , but they are poisonous. Some secrete cyanide. Someone had a test where they took a few outside to try to feed some wild anole lizards and they ran over, grabbed it then dropped it. As if they knew better, or got a bad taste.

Agreed! Some also have a stench to warn predators to stay away. Its the only thing around my house that seems to have no enemies. Even my cats wont play with them, and they will chase scorpions! :eek:

Agreed! Some also have a stench to warn predators to stay away. Its the only thing around my house that seems to have no enemies. Even my cats wont play with them, and they will chase scorpions! :eek:

now I think about it, Scotland is actually not that bad.. there's no millipedes or scorpions in my hoose, no Burmese pythons on the loose, no giant cockroaches jumping out of the drain ugh
I'm quite happy with an odd woodlouse and a couple of midges

There are a few "poisonous" birds. The bird takes milies or other toxic insects in it's bill and rubs it on it's feathers. They feathers then retain the toxins. The act is called "ANTING"

Some other animals also do this. That would probably explain the behavior seen here.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/never-give-fruit-beetle-grub-hedgehog-96849/

Last edited:
Lol your not from europe then!! They are a bit like dubai roaches but a lot smaller, you can eat them aswell ( in emergency situations) they taste like prawns!! I think there world wide so you may have a different name for them!
Oniscisdea is there latin name!!

Back
Top Bottom